• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President Lincoln CPU board part question

That is different than the 5, er now 4, 2510's I have. Huh:confused:

There seems to be many variations on a common theme, I am thinking this may now be a longer term proposition than origionaly anticipated, serves me right for expecting a quick fix, there must be someone out there with the alignment data that corresponds to this radio, I will keep looking and comparing the circuits to the very similar HR2510, or even try and locate a newer PLL/Processor board.

I will keep the thread posted with any progress, Karl, M0KRL.

3284d1283373448t-president-hr2510-troubles-dscf1581.jpg

This is a hr2510, it is hard to read, I can not make out the number on the board in it.
Where L-315 is here looks to be a small trim cap on the other board, Am i looking at that correct?
There is a few minor changes....most likely a revision done at some point later on.

Jeff

Last edited:
Seems the crystal is missing from the board? I think it is Y301? This is a oscillator for the CPU. Appears to be a Hitachi CPU and this is an early board but it should still have the Xtal!
What alignment do you need to do for this transceiver? I have some details on the 2510 series. Also, just for information the HTX-100 has a different CPU chip,a Quad Flat Package and mounted in a different spot. So the daughter board is very different. I also know that a CPU board from a 2510 will not "plug and play" into a HR2600 as the connectors do not match.
Your pic show two connectors not plugged in, so I am wondering what goes on there? From what I know about the 2830 is that it is a first of the HR series and much the same as the Lincoln and 2510. The last Lincolns had a different final and the HR2600 was a Amateur designed rig with ten meters PL code chip and DIP switch. Also had a CPU that was not internally connected for wider frequency coverage.
I will check my spare boards for differences and post some pics or links to high resolution.

73 mechanic

The missing xtal is a 2mhz resonator which is mounted on the underside of the pcb, as for the the 6.2mhz, as you said, not able to find, I am determined to find more info on the processor board, but many hours of searching have returned nothing, I have seen a few radios for sale on Ebay, and from what I have seen, most have the same board as mine, so I am suprised at the lack of information out there, as I have said previously the key differences are in the way the 10.240mhz crystal links to the RIT circuit, on my model the crystal is directly lined to pins 16 and 17 of the PLL chip, more info to follow as I find it, if there is anyone out there with a high res main board schematic it would be greatly appreciated, Karl, M0KRL.

Well as much as I hate to admit defeat, the radio is now on the pending shelf. I have spent many hours on the web, and found lots of information out there, but nothing that relates to this processor board. Without a circuit diagram and alignment data. there is not much else can be done with it at the moment, I have taken many measurements with the scope and frequency meter, but not getting the results I was expecting, so for the moment it is better out of the way before frustration sets in!!,

If there is anyone out there with a board from a 2510, I would be very interested, it is a pin for pin replacement for this one, so would be a quick fix for the problem, but failing that I will keep looking for a schematic, thankyou for the input so far.

Karl. M0KRL

dxChat
Help Users
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Everything is El Dead-o. Joy!
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Please advise me to what is a good replacement mic for my SR-497HPC... Answer: 497 is "wired like Cobra", so many choices available. That radio does not need a power mic, so purchase a stock "coffin style" mic with a decent cord, like the ones that Astatic uses. The Superstar DM-507 is my go-to. https://www.ebay.com/itm/3050474478...adANq91JSiEEnz8EGqPJRBloTgEyaVsBoCtoMQAvD_BwE $12.99 + .99 cent shipping.