1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
This forum does not allow a single user to have more than one username. If anyone wants to change their username contact an admin and it will be done. Multiple accounts belonging to the same member will be deleted without warning.

President Lincoln II+ V3 AM Choppy Squelch Issue

Discussion in 'CB and Export Equipment and Accessories' started by skiman1, Feb 12, 2021.

1. Dr_DX

Dr_DX Well-Known Member

FYI - 2015 Lincoln SM uses a slightly different value for S9:

upload_2021-6-8_1-55-15.png

Shadetree Mechanic and Wayfarer like this.

2. Wayfarer

Wayfarer Member

Quick update after further experimenting. The above method *only* works for USB/LSB squelch (engineering menu #10). It does not seem to work the same way for FM/AM squelch (engineering menu #11). Menu #11 does affect the AM squelch, but it does not respond in the same way to an injected signal as with SSB. I would strongly advise messing around with the settings in menu #11 or any of the settings for that matter until President releases the proper service instructions for the engineering menu. Don't want anybody messing up their radios.

3. Dr_DX

Dr_DX Well-Known Member

LOL, I think you left a word out. And I agree.:D

Wayfarer likes this.
  4. Crawdad

Crawdad Down in the mud invasive species

I'm confused, has President made 3 versions of the "Plus" or is the radio a Version 3 of the non-"Plus" ??

5. Wayfarer

Wayfarer Member

Ha, indeed. "...strongly advise against messing around..."

Got the AM squelch back to factory but it wasn't easy. SSB is improved with the adjustments. Still a great radio no doubt.

6. barefootindian

barefootindian Supporting Member

I purchased a Lincoln 2 + only last week. I wanted to get the bands to work in an a,b,c,d,e, etc sequence. I found the menus to be confusing and ended up not doing a reset but doing an initializing of the radio that put it back to the ham frequencies. I have to send it back to the dealer I got it from so he can get the 11meter band back on the radio.
    I didn't want to open the radio in case I f####d it up completely.
    The dealer said that the frequency bands don't run in sequence on the Lincoln 2+.
    The radio that I wanted to get and will get when its in stock again is the ss6900n version 6, but the dealer offered me this "Demo" Lincoln for 30€ off of the price of a new one.
    To get the radio reset will now cost me a 30€ charge and the price of postage to the dealer.
    I should of gone to the CRT Superstar website in France direct, and maybe that's the way to go....

Slowmover likes this.
  7. Crawdad

Am no expert, but I believe that a 1k resistor has to be installed on the main board to open up 11m. It can't be done from the menu.

8. barefootindian

When I got the radio last week the 11 meters was on the radio. It was on the D band which showed up after the F band. I wanted to put it in "normal" sequence and that's when trouble perked its ugly head up.....

9. NightThumper

NightThumper Sr. Member

If you had 11 meters then performed a reset look at the attached picture. Look for menu Item C6PWD and enter the code 12345, That will get you 11 meters back as before.

Here’s the link:

Attached Files:

#24 NightThumper, Jun 21, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
    barefootindian and Crawdad like this.
  10. Crawdad

11 meters is actually covered by two "bands" on the Lincoln II +. Band A covers 26.965 thru 27.405. Band B covers 27.415 thru 27.855. Tuning in VFO mode you can go anywhere in-between those "channel" frequencies.

barefootindian likes this.
  11. barefootindian

Thank-you NightThumper for the above fix. You went to a lot of trouble to post the vid and attachments.
    I'll try that out during the week and hopefully it will do the biz.

Crawdad likes this.
  12. barefootindian

@Crawdad
    Thanks for the band info. I guess that the dealer did the diode add on to get the 11 meters on the radio enabled in the first place, so if the above fix works then all is good....

13. NightThumper

NightThumper Sr. Member

You are welcome…when I first got my Lincoln II + for some reason I had to do a reset and lost 11 meters. So the information was handy and fresh in my mind. Every time you do a reset you have to re-enter the code.

Slowmover and Crawdad like this.
  14. Crawdad

Hello to Ireland!
    Hopefully Night Thumper's great info will keep you from having to shell out any more Euros.

73 & best of luck

NightThumper likes this.
  15. Crawdad

Factory instructions for Lincoln II+ frequency mod attached. For Lincoln II+ only.
    NOT for Lincoln II version 1,2,3

Attached Files:

#30 Crawdad, Jun 23, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
    Slowmover likes this.