• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President Lincoln II+ V3 AM Choppy Squelch Issue

I just bought a lincoln II v4. The receive is a lot noisier compared to my galaxy 959. Does anyone know where I can download a service manual?

I just bought a lincoln II v4. The receive is a lot noisier compared to my galaxy 959. Does anyone know where I can download a service manual?
Also be aware that ASC operates in AM/FM mode and when the Squelch is full CCW = ASC enabled. It will show up on the LCD display. Turning it to 8:30~9:00 will disable it and the readout will show "SQL 0". ASC does not work in SSB, so in that mode Squelch full CCW = Off.

For the record even my 1998 President Lincoln the manual squelch is touching beyond belief and the auto squelch should be called " Alligator Station" or "Super Bowl" switch because it will cut off all but the strongest stations.

So from the sounds of it the latest greatest still has that fatal flaw!

I gave up on using squelch in 1998 when I got my Lincoln.

Last edited:
With both USB and FM 50hz low, sounds like you could have adjusted menu # 4 and brought everything up by 50hz with a single adjustment. Unless the other modes were spot on.

P.S. you always want to turn your clarifier off before making freq. adjustments so it doesn't influence the transmitted signal.
I found a way to adjust transmit frequency without using the spooky engineering menu. I used an SDR for receive and fed a 1khz tone off my phone app to correct the frequency. Using the clarifier menu item set to "t" (transmit only) I adjusted the tone to match on the SDR with the clarifier knob. I then returned to the clarifier menu item and set it back to "r" (receive only). The changed transmit clarifier setting was then saved and the transmit frequency corrected.

I realize this is slightly off topic but I couldn't find a better place to post my "discovery".

I found a way to adjust transmit frequency without using the spooky engineering menu. I used an SDR for receive and fed a 1khz tone off my phone app to correct the frequency. Using the clarifier menu item set to "t" (transmit only) I adjusted the tone to match on the SDR with the clarifier knob. I then returned to the clarifier menu item and set it back to "r" (receive only). The changed transmit clarifier setting was then saved and the transmit frequency corrected.

I realize this is slightly off topic but I couldn't find a better place to post my "discovery".
Interesting. What happens when you turn your clarifier Off? Does the TX freq. shift? Also, why do you think your SDR is On frequency and your radio Off?

Interesting. What happens when you turn your clarifier Off? Does the TX freq. shift? Also, why do you think your SDR is On frequency and your radio Off?
I hit WWV spot on with the SDR. The frequency offset sticks with the clarifier at receive only or off. If I had the guts I'd check the engineering menu to see if the values update.

I did start a new thread for this.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
I hit WWV spot on with the SDR. The frequency offset sticks with the clarifier at receive only or off. If I had the guts I'd check the engineering menu to see if the values update.

I did start a new thread for this.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.