• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President Lincoln II+ VFO Instructions

whiteastro

Feb 22, 2019
Was experimenting the other day with the VFO on my radio while in the CB Mode and did manage to catch someone talking on a extra channel but don't feel like I understand navigating the VFO enough to feel confident. Was wondering if anyone has a video or instructions bookmarked they can post to help learn the VFO navigation. The VFO feature on the radio is the main reason I chose to purchase this radio in the first place. You might say More Bang for The Buck with 10-11-12 Meter-SSB-FM. And the CW mode I have no clue about ! LOL

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

Pushing the tuning knob moves the cursor under the freq display numbers. Move the cursor to the number you want to change and turn the tuning knob to where you want to go.
Instructions are in the manual.

Pushing the tuning knob moves the cursor under the freq display numbers. Move the cursor to the number you want to change and turn the tuning knob to where you want to go.
Instructions are in the manual.
Thanks. Yeah I imagine it not all that hard, it's just fear of the unknown of something your not familial with because of lack of experience and not wanting to cause more trouble for yourself. Like the time when I first got the radio and accidentally entered some info I didn't want and didn't know how to erase it. So I got my first chance to do a reset and had to get 11 meter open again in the radio. Lot of extra time spent for someone that is not use to these fancy radios. And Someday It All Comes Together! LOL PS My Cobra 2000 is easier to get to the Extra channels but doesn't have the other features of this radio and it is Old like me so you never know when it will give it up for good ! LOL

Last edited:
The Buck with 10-11-12 Meter-SSB-FM. And the CW mode I have no clue about ! LOL
CW is Continuous Wave otherwise known as morse code still used today by Hams. Near the bottom of the amateur bands is where you can hear them.

10 and 12 meters have amateur frequencies in them. Your welcome to listen in but no transmitting without a license.

Perhaps listening in on amateur bands with your radio may inspire you to get a Ham ticket.

CW is Continuous Wave otherwise known as morse code still used today by Hams. Near the bottom of the amateur bands is where you can hear them.

10 and 12 meters have amateur frequencies in them. Your welcome to listen in but no transmitting without a license.

Perhaps listening in on amateur bands with your radio may inspire you to get a Ham ticket.
Thanks yes I kind of figured CW might be morse code and that was my intention to just listen to 10 & 12 meter to learn something about the ham world until I get time to start studying for a test which I intend on doing after I unclutter my plate from have to do first list. I did home study for a waste water treatment license once when I had too much trouble on the mind and that was a real pain. I passed the test and got the license but always laughed that miracles can happen sometimes. ( What you don't do to make a living ) PS I just found out yesterday where the local Amateur Radio operators meet on the 1st Tuesday of every month, so I might have to stop in to learn something if they allow.

Last edited:
Thanks yes I kind of figured CW might be morse code and that was my intention to just listen to 10 & 12 meter to learn something about the ham world until I get time to start studying for a test which I intend on doing after I unclutter my plate from have to do first list. I did home study for a waste water treatment license once when I had too much trouble on the mind and that was a real pain. I passed the test and got the license but always laughed that miracles can happen sometimes. ( What you don't do to make a living ) PS I just found out yesterday where the local Amateur Radio operators meet on the 1st Tuesday of every month, so I might have to stop in to learn something if they allow.
If they don’t allow you to stop in and learn something, you have found the wrong group.

David

(32 year licensed Amateur Operator. Took 2 different clubs when I wanted to learn. Good Operators/Mentors/Elmers ARE out there)

cant remember how but a setting is in the book about how to go continous from bottom band to top band even gets the skip channels 11 meters has. i left mine set that way. hold channel changer button down n she will go fast if you want to skip several channels.
kinda miss my last version lincoln. but i wanted bigger. i might buy another lincoln in the future

Reactions: whiteastro
cant remember how but a setting is in the book about how to go continous from bottom band to top band even gets the skip channels 11 meters has. i left mine set that way. hold channel changer button down n she will go fast if you want to skip several channels.
kinda miss my last version lincoln. but i wanted bigger. i might buy another lincoln in the future
Thanks for the info and that radio is packed with features that I have yet to discover in spite of it's problems. I'm still going to find someone to align it proper on 11 meter but it won't be President Radio or I will exercise my Freedom of Speach. ( And it isn't pretty ) If you get another Lincoln make sure you get Version 4 and maybe they will have the bugs worked out. I think I should have bought the Anytone Quad 6 but I'm sure that one has bugs also somewhere in the system. It is human nature to only tell the good about a system someone owns and not the bad. But you can't buy & try them all. LOL

Reactions: Rwb
Thanks for the info and that radio is packed with features that I have yet to discover in spite of it's problems. I'm still going to find someone to align it proper on 11 meter but it won't be President Radio or I will exercise my Freedom of Speach. ( And it isn't pretty ) If you get another Lincoln make sure you get Version 4 and maybe they will have the bugs worked out. I think I should have bought the Anytone Quad 6 but I'm sure that one has bugs also somewhere in the system. It is human nature to only tell the good about a system someone owns and not the bad. But you can't buy & try them all. LOL
I cant remember off top of my head but i got into the factory build menu,wrote every value down for each item in menu.then i adjusted transmitt on am and ssb. Took more time to write values down than adjust. I had my close friend 30 miles from me listen n say when to stop.
I get loss of memory as i age so when things come to mind i will try to let you know

I cant remember off top of my head but i got into the factory build menu,wrote every value down for each item in menu.then i adjusted transmitt on am and ssb. Took more time to write values down than adjust. I had my close friend 30 miles from me listen n say when to stop.
I get loss of memory as i age so when things come to mind i will try to let you know
Thanks for the help and short-cuts because even being retired I don't have enough time to explore the radio the way I would like because I'm trying to get this property maintained and finished up to get ready to sell it and get out from under this big house. Plus I have a elderly mom & 2 elderly sisters living on the other side of town who alway need help because I have nothing to do since I retired. LOL That menu you talk about might be called by several names. Brother DXer sent me a video about a Service menu & I heard talk of a Engineering menu also. I don't know for sure You might say I'm Dazed & Confused ! LOL

Last edited:
I had my close friend 30 miles from me listen n say when to stop.
Your lucky you have someone who will do that for you. Around here I can't find anyone interested anymore but it sure would be handy to work together !

Your lucky you have someone who will do that for you. Around here I can't find anyone interested anymore but it sure would be handy to work together !
yes but the day we plan at our age sometimes things happen n we dont get to connect as planned

Sorry about digging up this old post decided tonight to try that microphone hole drilling mod on my Lincoln II+ like they do for the McKinley. It turned out successful but the microphone still had no punch to it when I tried to talk to my Uniden 980. So snooping around in the owners manual i found the radios voltage test and found when I keyed the mic in SSB mode the voltage dropped to under 12 volts like 11.6 volts. So I turned up the voltage the power supply put out to like 14.14 volts and found the mic had more punch because the radio voltage didn't drop below 12 volts. So the million dollar question is how many volts maximum can I feed into that Lincoln radio and be safe. With more punch from the mic I can see I have to go back into the Service Menu to make a little adjustment and then the AMC also. ALSO the FM mode causes a big voltage drop at the radio, but not in AM mode.

14 to 14.5 is a safe range to stay in. If you're getting big voltage drops when keying up you should look at a better power supply. Sounds like it's either unregulated or to small for the radio...
Thanks for the thought I was just thinking about that this morning and you confirmed my thought. I have a bigger power supply that my KL-503 is on supplied by a Ham store so it will take some re-wiring and further testing but I will merge over to it.

Thanks again
Mike

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.