• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President lincoln II +

Because the dynamic Astatic 636l got better audio reports…
I wired up that astatic 636l to my McKinley and it was at 30-40% modulation the stock mic was doing 30-60% normal talking… with a whistle I got 110% from stock and 75% from astatic… I’m a huge astatic fan so I’m not giving up yet but something isn’t right here and yes that stock mic is super clear and tiny!!! The size of a pencil eraser hmm

Reactions: ForestRunner98
I wired up that astatic 636l to my McKinley and it was at 30-40% modulation the stock mic was doing 30-60% normal talking… with a whistle I got 110% from stock and 75% from astatic… I’m a huge astatic fan so I’m not giving up yet but something isn’t right here and yes that stock mic is super clear and tiny!!! The size of a pencil eraser hmm
It has to do with impedance, electret versus dynamic. Those radios are designed to work with an electret condenser and is optimized to work with it. Yes the others can work but unless you do some changes on the board the others won't achieve what the electret stock mic can.

Speaking of the Lincoln II+ I finally couldn't resist any longer and bit the bullet and ordered myself one from Walcott Radio. Should be here Friday with the 11 meter added. I might be asking questions. Help !

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Hard to beat the stock President microphones, almost like it was designed to work well. Unlike other radios that have microphones that are practically unusable.
Yes they tried to talk me into a D104 mobile Mic but I decided to work with the stock mic. I get sick of messing with 9 volt batteries and having a battery Grave Yard. You can always add on later but the hobby is getting expensive. LOL

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated