• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President Lincoln ii+

Thanks for the feedback, Woody.

It definitely sounded better to me with the D104 gain dropped to a flat 3.

Cool! Are you talking now? I'm listening to DX on an SDR site in New England and there's a lot of Southern stations coming in on 38LSB
(I don't get the weather related DX here in the Houston area until later in the season)

Reactions: 2NC995
I think the d104m6b sounds better than the stock mic. The stock mic sounded a little muffled. The 104 has more highs right where you need it. Is the d104 stock or have you done the mod for more bass?

I thought the D104 was better too, but they’re so close.

I clipped the 270 ohm resistor in the D104.

I just shortened the other video with the gain turned down more. The differences are more apparent in this one...if you can get past the parrot chatter in the background! I think the receiver is a touch of frequency, also, and that’s some of the raspiness.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Scrapped the D104 for now...went very scratchy after a couple weeks. Predictable, I suppose. Bought a pair of switches from eBay, but in reality the mic is just too much work for the marginal difference (and I like the channel buttons on the stock mic).

Also, xyl made me some indicator dots with her vinyl cutter, to keep Rf power where I want it. Liking it.

ABB8D03E-72D0-4486-9758-6B88F508E60D.jpeg

Soldered the new switch into the D104 today. That little feat was not only operating on the fringes of my rusty soldering skills, but also affirmation that I now need reading glasses.

19C267DB-2342-4696-A710-B6CCB1169658.jpeg

Hopefully the new switch holds up better than the factory one.. no idea what people have experienced with that.

I unsure which mic I’ll use, but couldn’t stand to have a broken one laying around.

Also, I found some other things I don’t like...all related to the memory function.

1st, the memory channels aren’t adequate. Not sure what I was thinking, but 5 isn’t enough. For some reason I was thinking there were banks of them, and I just hadn’t explored it yet. 3 memories I use just for “beacons”, meaning 27.025 and etc. That doesn’t leave me much.

2nd, The up down buttons on the mic can be set to control frequency instead of channel. Great! However, if you’re on a memory channel the feature is disabled and you’re back to scrolling through memory channels. Not so great.

3rd, the NB/ANL setting is tied to the memory channels, as originally programmed. Sometimes when I’m static and the QRM is low I can turn it off completely and get a good copy on extremely weak transmissions. But bump the memory channel once, and it’s back to wherever it was.

Anyway, in discovering these things I probably won’t use the memory anymore except for a quick check of common frequencies when tooling around the neighborhood.

Last edited:
That's a great price! I got mine from Amazon when it was $249 and I had a bunch of reward $$$ saved up. It's now selling for $219 on Amazon as well. :(

Yes, I saw that Amazon had dropped the price after I posted.

I was holding out for a 2950 for the house, but ordered another Lincoln II last night...it’s a lot of radio for that price, IMO.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.