• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President line of radios

I think I want one of those President Taylor II classics. That President Valerie looks just like my old Uniden PC 66 I used to have.

I think I want one of those President Taylor II classics. That President Valerie looks just like my old Uniden PC 66 I used to have.

the taylor 2 classic is a nice little radio, but very expensive, other president sets with more features can be found cheaper, they aren't true front panel switchable euro multi norm either, you can only change the country selection by changing internal resistors. it can be modified for 120 ch am/fm though.

president valery is like many uk/cept sets, audioline 341, uniden 200 etc, been the staple diet of uk legal cb since its inception.

Yeah . Had many radios through the years but I just bought my first President (Adams) a few weeks ago . Well I had a new HR2510 but it said Uniden on the front so that didn't count :) Soon as you open it up it smells like 1978 :) Anyway , I had a 858 PLL mod board made up for it by a chap in Austria which will give it 4 bands . Could have got FM but don't really need it here in Spain . I'm looking forward to putting the thing back together and firing it up . It must be one of the biggest (physically) mobiles thatPresident made ?

Sammy

Attachments

• My Adams.jpg
    My Adams.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 162
McKinley

This used to be mine, kicking myself for selling it :oops:

McKinley_01.jpg

They are hard to find these days.

Pretty cool thread here with the President radio pics and facts etc... Reminds me of the old days looking through the catalogs at radios I couldn't afford, LOL. I still have a bunch of those old catalogs in storage somewhere.

Last night a friend of mine picked up a Grant (export model) from a local trucker that needed a jump start (my friend is a big rig road service mechanic) and the radio is not in real nice cosmetic condition, but does turn on and tries to key up but has some issue. It is the older looking Grant, silver face place, has FM/AM/USB/LSB and a Lo Med Hi bandswitch and a factory roger beep. On the faceplace it says President at the top left (if I remember right) and then at the bottom right it just say GRANT, not GRANT Classic. It's a MB8719PLL, dual finals radio.

HI IM TRYING TO GET HOLD AGAIN OF A PRESIDENT GEORGE CB RADIO..CAN ANYONE TELL ME OF A WEBSITE OR A PLACE I CAN ET IT FROM..THANKS

The George is no longer in production, the 2510/2830/2600/Lincoln is a much better radio.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated