• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President McKinley 2 FCC AM/FM/SSB

Shadetree Mechanic

Delaware Base Station 808
Oct 23, 2017
The First State (Delaware)
Finally, a cb radio with all 3 modes. Uniden really dropped the ball in this department by putting FM in the 880 instead of the 980. The new McKinley is supposed to be in short supply with this limited prerelease. This will give them a chance to work any bugs out, if any.

Finally, a cb radio with all 3 modes. Uniden really dropped the ball in this department by putting FM in the 880 instead of the 980. The new McKinley is supposed to be in short supply with this limited prerelease. This will give them a chance to work any bugs out, if any.

I might get one of those for the car. Pair that will the 203 and it may be a winner.

I've been so busy with summer projects I don't put much time into radio and have never made a FM contact yet. So with my track record with President Radio They won't be getting any of my hard earned money at least until this new radio has a proven track record. And more than likely Never Happen !

I've been so busy with summer projects I don't put much time into radio and have never made a FM contact yet. So with my track record with President Radio They won't be getting any of my hard earned money at least until this new radio has a proven track record. And more than likely Never Happen !
I know it sucks whenever you get a lemon. I've been there, brother!
I will say, for myself, I have two President radios and love them!! The Mckinley and Lincoln 2 plus. They are both great talkers and I use the stock mic on these. I've tried others but always end up going back to the stock . The Mckinley drifted a bit after some hard use but that was easily fixed and sounds great. If I could change anything on either one, it would be the receive on the Lincoln. It's not the best receive, but not the worst either. It could and should be better.

Nice looking radio. One kinda wonders why there isn't a DSP/noise gate like Anytone flavored radios have been coming with lately. Once you've had it, you never want to be without it!
Nice size and the price point is decent. Hopefully the quality is good. If they show up in the truck stops I might have an excuse to burn up some fuel points!

JD

Reactions: Eldorado828
I know it sucks whenever you get a lemon. I've been there, brother!
I will say, for myself, I have two President radios and love them!! The Mckinley and Lincoln 2 plus. They are both great talkers and I use the stock mic on these. I've tried others but always end up going back to the stock . The Mckinley drifted a bit after some hard use but that was easily fixed and sounds great. If I could change anything on either one, it would be the receive on the Lincoln. It's not the best receive, but not the worst either. It could and should be better.
I got 2 lemons from President Radio after 3 radio shops they finally gave me a new Mckinley that is top shelf. But I'm still working on the Lincoln +2 when I get time. Their customer service Rep. needs a new pair of ears and less mouth. LOL

Reactions: Brother DXer

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.