• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President McKinley

Mudfoot

Elmer
Jun 17, 2009
Southeast Ohio
Got one of the new ones. I really like it. I like how the output power is set within menu. Once you set it where you want, it is fixed. Can't accidentally turn it up and poof my little KL-300.

Has good audio with stock mic. All I did was turn AMC up a smidgen and adjusted ALC to 12 watts. The front firing speaker sounds good. I like it better than the 980.

The noise blanker is berries. Only negative...when using an external speaker, I can hear a slight tone when volume is low. I don't hear it with the internal speaker,though.

Get ya' one.

Well....I'm sold on mine...Bit pricey, but worth it...Get you a 1x2 and stick behind that McKinley and it will really rock!

spt4cpi.jpg

so far the President line of radios seem to be very impressive. every one I talk to likes them very much. after you get them set up properly they become very easy to use. just the 1st set up time seems to be the longest. I got an Anytone AT6666 which is about the same as the president line and I like it very well.

I thought the Mckinley came with a lot of extra channels like the AT6666 comes with. just had to program them off the front panel..
are you saying the radio only comes with the 40 11 meter channels since you said it can not be channeled.

I thought the Mckinley came with a lot of extra channels like the AT6666 comes with. just had to program them off the front panel..
are you saying the radio only comes with the 40 11 meter channels since you said it can not be channeled.

Correct. Mike at Mike's Radio and another guy got the clarifier unlocked. But couldn't see any way to channelize.

Reactions: Mudfoot
I've been using mine ever since my original review in 2017 -

I installed it in my car for the testing and used it for a while - and it's been there ever since paired with a small amp. Out of all the newer radios I've tested it was hands down the winner in the last 10 years. The only reason I would swap it out for my Lincoln II V3 is if I want to freeband but the cycle is so low and it's been so quiet that I haven't been above the regular 40 at all in the last year.

President - if you're listening - figure out a secret way for us to unlock extra channels in this radio in the next batch and you'll have the best selling SSB CB for the next 10 years.

I've sold off almost my entire radio collection but I kept this one and the Lincoln as my primary daily radios.

For me the extra channels is no big deal....I've had my share of export radios over the years which have all the funny channels, yet seldom ever got on any of those channels with the exception of maybe 26.915...main reason for buying the exports was usually more for the power than the extra channels anyway...SSB is a plus tho which is another reason I like the McKinley, but main reason I went with the McKinley is for it's size so I could mount it in the dash without doing a lot of modifying to the trucks dash...I'm sure at some point I'm going to have to retire the truck for another one so I didn't want a hacked-up dashboard when I decide to sell the thing...

I do have a RCI 2980wx, so if I want to visit the funny channels, I still can on the base, but for the mobile the McKinley has everything I could possibly want in the truck, and paired with my 1x2 it will cut the lips off most-any export radio out there.

If you just got to have the extra channels...President has the "Lincoln, Ronald, and Richard" which are all 10 Meter or 10-12 Meter radios...

https://www.wearecb.com/president-radios/

I only use 1 channel below the 40 which is AM lower 19 26.735 and for SSB we use 27.565 and 27.415 and 27.425. those are the only ones a group of us ever use. at least so far that is all we have used in the past 15 years. so figure they will never change after that long.

Hey Mudfoot
Not to change the subject, but that link in your post. Youtube Rare Earth, Get Ready Brought back memories of some great times and music. I dug out my original copy of the album with the song. 85 in Tempe today, opened up the patio doors and cranked it up, and let the neighbors listen to 24 minutes of GET READY.DSC06974.JPG DSC06978.JPG DSC06977.JPG DSC06976.JPG

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated