• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President Radio Finally comes thru

whiteastro

Feb 22, 2019
Good news today ! This morning UPS delivered my New McKinley USA radio to replace my original and I give thanks to all my Brothers in here that give me a voice and not let me be swept under the carpet. Now the problem starts with do I open it up or sell it unopened and buy a President Lincoln II+V3. Decision Decisions Life's a Beach. LOL

Good news today ! This morning UPS delivered my New McKinley USA radio to replace my original and I give thanks to all my Brothers in here that give me a voice and not let me be swept under the carpet. Now the problem starts with do I open it up or sell it unopened and buy a President Lincoln II+V3. Decision Decisions Life's a Beach. LOL
Return to sender!

Reactions: whiteastro
There are literally thousands of radios built every year, so the odds are, there WILL be some turds come off the assembly line. This could be human error or many other reasons. A few turds shouldn't skew your opinion on an entire line of radios. Normally, for every turd, there are hundreds of great radios and happy customers. For some reason, as human beings, we seem to be wired to focus on the negative impact in most things and give very little thought to the positive.
Anyway... Just my 2 cents, that's all....

There are literally thousands of radios built every year, so the odds are, there WILL be some turds come off the assembly line. This could be human error or many other reasons. A few turds shouldn't skew your opinion on an entire line of radios. Normally, for every turd, there are hundreds of great radios and happy customers. For some reason, as human beings, we seem to be wired to focus on the negative impact in most things and give very little thought to the positive.
Exactly. I had an issue with my 2950DX about 12 months after I bought it where it intermittently wouldn't transmit on SSB. I ended up ending it to Rolling Radios and he took care of it for me. This surface mount stuff is for the birds. I think it was just a bad solder joint.
I have been enjoying that radio now for over a decade with no other failures.

Return to sender!
Why would I want to return to sender, it has cash value to replace the one I already paid for. And President won't give me my money back. The new replacement has value but the other bummer one I would have just been stuck with. Something is better than nothing. No matter what I do I'll be on the losing end because I had extra time and money invested in the first purchase. It's called ShXt happens.

Reactions: Brother DXer
That's why I chose to not be a hot head. As you get older you better understand how the world works. Like they say you catch more flies with sugar than vinegar. I know when someone comes up to me as Cock of the Walk they meet a brick wall. One company I know teaches their managers ( You have One Chance to Make a First Impression and Most of the Time that's the one You Live With )

Exactly. I had an issue with my 2950DX about 12 months after I bought it where it intermittently wouldn't transmit on SSB. I ended up ending it to Rolling Radios and he took care of it for me.
Yeah I heard good things about Rolling Radios. He's on my list to give business to.

That's why I chose to not be a hot head. As you get older you better understand how the world works. Like they say you catch more flies with sugar than vinegar. I know when someone comes up to me as Cock of the Walk they meet a brick wall. One company I know teaches their managers ( You have One Chance to Make a First Impression and Most of the Time that's the one You Live With )
You're definitely doing yourself justice by thinking this through before making any decisions. Yes, it really sucks when you get a bad radio but hopefully your experience going forward will be a good one.
I actually LOVE the Mckinley radios. Mine was great, right out of the box. Never a single issue with it. I paired it with the KL203P and Wow!!! What a set up that was! Using 1 watt to make over 100. And is sounded SO Good with the stock mic. I did have a low pass filter in line too.

Sell it new in box and get the lincoln. My reasoning on this is 1. You already had a mckinley and 2. The Lincoln can be channel expanded which may or not be important to you. If the added channel coverage is important to you then imo the decision is simple :)
Best and 73s

Cool!!! Open it and try it out!!!
I'm fighting it but it will probably Win Out in the end. LOL
Sell it new in box and get the lincoln. My reasoning on this is 1. You already had a mckinley and 2. The Lincoln can be channel expanded which may or not be important to you. If the added channel coverage is important to you then imo the decision is simple :)
Best and 73s
I'm tending to think like you because the McKinley new in the box is worth more than being open and I already have too many 11 meter radios so why not venture into the 10-12 meter world and have 11meter added to the Lincoln. First have to look at all the features the Lincoln has to offer including size, weather,free banding or extra channels and who know what else I'm not knowing or thinking about. How about FM does it have that? If I could listen to 10 & 12 meter it might prod me into getting a ham license and open more doors.

Ya, i think you have more options available to you with the lincoln. Its the way i would choose but your mileage may vary :) cheers

Reactions: whiteastro
I like my new Galaxy DX94HP, but I will never use the echo, roger beep and +10KHz, but I like having the option to turn off the frequency display.
That could be a option to look at. Think I better figure out how much I can ask for a unused McKinley and advertise it on Graig's List for a local pick-up and squeeze all I can out of it. Yes and I agree I have no interest in Roger beeps or echo. Top performance is all I need. I never was a Ruffed Shirt kind of Guy

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.