• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President Radio Finally comes thru

That could be a option to look at. Think I better figure out how much I can ask for a unused McKinley and advertise it on Graig's List for a local pick-up and squeeze all I can out of it. Yes and I agree I have no interest in Roger beeps or echo. Top performance is all I need. I never was a Ruffed Shirt kind of Guy
Also, I have no use for talkback.
The +10KHz / PA slider switch is directly above the clarifier controls. One time, somehow my fat finger moved the +10KHz switch to ON when I was using the clarifier on sideband, and it had taken me a while to realize why the guys on the other end told me I was off frequency and why I was having a hard time tuning them in. I will find something to prevent the switch from being moved.

Reactions: whiteastro
Your original posting was between a Lincoln and a mckinley. If you are looking at other options after you rid the mckinley then sure, theres others worth mentioning. Including the 6666 and strykers. But back to what you started this post comparing, between the two, Lincoln is my pick. Good luck

Your original posting was between a Lincoln and a mckinley. If you are looking at other options after you rid the mckinley then sure, theres others worth mentioning. Including the 6666 and strykers. But back to what you started this post comparing, between the two, Lincoln is my pick. Good luck
Yes I've considered 2 Anytones and Stryker Radios before but probably best to not get in a hurry and pick the wrong one and kick myself later.

On the Home front I decided I couldn't wait any longer and broke open the New McKinley and put her on the bench for testing and see if I could make a contact. I hooked it to my Dosy TFC 3001-S at first to test the frequency and with the Clairifier on dead center I got the correct reading on both AM and SSB. The dead Key was 4watts on all channels and the modulation was about 75-80%. 5 clicks on the external RF power adjusted the dead key to 1 watt. The swing wasn't for crap. I hooked it to my other Dosy meter to verify my findings and it agreed with my findings. Then I opened it up and adjusted the AMC & ALC to correct those issues. And now I'm excited to try it on some DX because DX quit running before I started. I hope the Bowser man is on tomorrow so we can test it. Or anyone else that is on. It's almost like Xmas.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.