• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President Radio Repair Service

i must been lucky or you got em on bad day. they were quick to help me and cure my problem
Might have something to do with the person you deal with or their mood for the day. I think it was a Glen I dealt with and I had to hold back from jumping in his DoDo. I've had a habit of Burning a Few Bridges. Which I don't like to get that way.

Reactions: Rwb and undertaker
There techs suck they don’t have a clue how to tune a radio….
I see a picture of the Wallcott radio crew and it is probably the older guy who knows anything and the rest are just hot air salesmen. I could be wrong but at this point who cares. They sent me another sales email this morning so I guess they didn't read my last reply. Going to have to unsubscribe.

• Haha
Reactions: Rwb and undertaker
Weather changing getting ready to think about my road trip so hooked my Lincoln II+ back on the bench to get familiar with it again and been looking for a tone adjustment in the menu but can't find mention of it in the owners manual. Is there a adjustment hidden somewhere in this radio or did they leave that adjustment out ? Just thought I'd see if I could make it sound better with a tone adjustment. Thanks

Reactions: Rwb
Weather changing getting ready to think about my road trip so hooked my Lincoln II+ back on the bench to get familiar with it again and been looking for a tone adjustment in the menu but can't find mention of it in the owners manual. Is there a adjustment hidden somewhere in this radio or did they leave that adjustment out ? Just thought I'd see if I could make it sound better with a tone adjustment. Thanks
if you find it let me know. like toned to my ears

Reactions: whiteastro
if you find it let me know. like toned to my ears
Thanks for the come back, so it's not just me. I hate these menu radios, but I will look in the menu to see if it is hidden in there and not mentioned. Hate to do it wrong and have to do a reset and start over again. LOL

Thanks for the come back, so it's not just me. I hate these menu radios, but I will look in the menu to see if it is hidden in there and not mentioned. Hate to do it wrong and have to do a reset and start over again. LOL
i like this radio but after the rebuild on my 99 v i just go back to it

The old radios use the KISS theory and the new ones play Guess What I'm Thinking. It would be nice if they worked like they should Out Of The Box !

Reactions: Rwb and w9cll
The old radios use the KISS theory and the new ones play Guess What I'm Thinking. It would be nice if they worked like they should Out Of The Box !
That's the biggest downside to the of the 11 meter market. Quality equipment is is becoming a thing of the past, yes they're good radios available but they are few and far between. Gone are the days of walking into the local CB shop and have a plethora of equipment to choose from.

I have all old ham gear because if it breaks I can fix it as long as I can find the parts except I have an ICOM 706MKIIG that is resigned to the shelf as its dead and no parts are available for it. I just bought a beat up one on Evil bay to use as a parts radio.

Reactions: Rwb and whiteastro
That's the biggest downside to the of the 11 meter market. Quality equipment is is becoming a thing of the past, yes they're good radios available but they are few and far between. Gone are the days of walking into the local CB shop and have a plethora of equipment to choose from.

I have all old ham gear because if it breaks I can fix it as long as I can find the parts except I have an ICOM 706MKIIG that is resigned to the shelf as its dead and no parts are available for it. I just bought a beat up one on Evil bay to use as a parts radio.
Well that's a good thing if you can fix your own stuff but electronics wasn't my line of work so I have to rely on finding a good tech. Anyway spring has sprung and getting busy with lawn equipment so I'll have to squeeze in time to fix my Lincoln II+ and then the radio time will get less for a while until I get caught up on some jobs. Seems as if DX hasn't been rolling as good anyway.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated