• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President Radio Repair Service

Moral of the story, in today's market, go with Anytone(Quixang) radios. Buy radio, take it out of the box, convert it (usually easy), put it on the air! They just work. Unlike the revered brands of old (Ranger, Galaxy, President, etc.) that seem to suffer from a "we don't give a shit" attitude regarding their products anymore, Quixang is producing nice radios at a good price!

JD
I think you hit the nail on the head ! That thought of I should have bought a Anytone has danced in my head before. LOL

Reactions: Rwb and jdchet
im not surprised at all by the radio being off frequency out of the box.

honestly strykers are the only radios i find that aren't.

It's sad but quality control is just terrible in the factories our radios get made in these days.

it's pretty standard practice these days to buy a brand new radio and take it right to a shop for an alignment.

when you realize that a good alignment can take over an hour its easy to see why most new radios aren't optimized for best performance.

thanks for the reply.
LC
Very true!! My McKinley was off frequency out of the box. Sounded fine on AM but SSB was another story. You’re right Loosecannon, the frequency alignment took about an hour. The factory will not spend an hour aligning a radio for SSB. AM sounds decent and they ship it. It really sucks because a radio should work like expected.

Reactions: Rwb and whiteastro
Very true!! My McKinley was off frequency out of the box. Sounded fine on AM but SSB was another story. You’re right Loosecannon, the frequency alignment took about an hour. The factory will not spend an hour aligning a radio for SSB. AM sounds decent and they ship it. It really sucks because a radio should work like expected.
My McKinley wasn't only misaligned on side band but also had a bad part in the SSB circuit which cause distortion. That was discovered when I took it to DTB Radio shop so I reported it to President and then they sent it to a shop in NC and if I hadn't spoke up it would have went at MY expense. I guess they think we are made of money. WRONG

well this is just a personal opinion but DTB is not high on my list for honesty and integrity.
i won't say any more than that in the public forum.
LC
Well the man at DTB did alright by me because he identified the source of the problem and reduced the price of the alignment he done for me because he didn't completely fix it with a alignment. That's more than the first tech did that President sent it to. He must of never tested it after his half- arse alignment. The third tech told President Radio to give me a new radio because it would cost too much to identify and replace the bad part. The happy ending is DTB identified the problem and I ended up with a Great New Little McKinley that Walks The Dog ! LOL

Reactions: Rwb
Yes that is a 1953 Farmall Super A which has been in the family since it was new. The engine was overhauled in the 70s and was never put back in farm service so she purrrs like a kitten. I put a 3 point hitch system on it because they never had one and give it TLC. I just restored the front snow plow system from a salvage yard and it works great. All the tractor needs is a good steam clean & paint and she is read for parades. But unfortunately it's too big for my property so it's probably getting sold this year and getting replaced with a Kubota Sub-compact with a front loader bucket. I'll cry when I see it go down the road.
id try to keep it if at all possible,can you pass it down to another family member?

i bought my president lincoln II+ new from walcott and its dead on freq lsb,usb,and am. only problem is i had a mic issue and walcott sent me new mic with return label for old mic

Reactions: whiteastro
id try to keep it if at all possible,can you pass it down to another family member?
Nobody else in my family would give that old tractor the Love I did. Even my Step Dad about ran it into the ground with his slobbery along with his Son. I think I'm the only one that Loves Old Tractors. I'd like to see someone get it that would finish my work on it. At 72 YO it is getting harder for me to climb into the cockpit and I need a tractor with a bucket loader.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
i bought my president lincoln II+ new from walcott and its dead on freq lsb,usb,and am. only problem is i had a mic issue and walcott sent me new mic with return label for old mic
Well that is good you had success with Walcott's but I specifically ask them to check the alignment while it was on the bench for the 11 meter mod and would have been happy to pay for a alignment if neccessary. So I wouldn't have to put up with the BS I did with the McKinley. After I received the radio I called them up to ask a question to help me get start navigating the menu and sensed a attitude from the salesman I bought it from. That's something you don't do to a Volunteer VietNam veteran because I automatically have to go into the control mode. Attitude has no place in the business world especially after I just give you $359.00 of my hard earned money. Walcott Radio can stick-it where the Sun Doesn't Shine. And that wasn't the only thing I ever bought from them. Sorry for the Rant ! LOL

Well that is good you had success with Walcott's but I specifically ask them to check the alignment while it was on the bench for the 11 meter mod and would have been happy to pay for a alignment if neccessary. So I wouldn't have to put up with the BS I did with the McKinley. After I received the radio I called them up to ask a question to help me get start navigating the menu and sensed a attitude from the salesman I bought it from. That's something you don't do to a Volunteer VietNam veteran because I automatically have to go into the control mode. Attitude has no place in the business world especially after I just give you $359.00 of my hard earned money. Walcott Radio can stick-it where the Sun Doesn't Shine. And that wasn't the only thing I ever bought from them. Sorry for the Rant ! LOL
i must been lucky or you got em on bad day. they were quick to help me and cure my problem

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.