• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

President Radio Repair Service

Well heck, sorry to hear you've got a dud. Seems president radios have been getting a little spot light here lately, wonder what's going on with them.

Hopefully they'll honor warranty and or repair whatever issues you're having.
Hard reset cured mine. They told me if it was not fixable id simply get a new radio as i bought it from walcott. Darn good dealer i say

Let me tell you a story about qualified repair shops. A long time ago in a Winnebago far, far away…. Back when the World Wide Web was an infant. I had a computer consultant business. I did work mainly for businesses. Mostly. repairs of equipment most local people did not know how to begin to fix. This was so long ago my A+ certificate was tested on MS-DOS and Windows 3.11. One of my favorite AV-Software was called Thunderbyte AV. BBS we’re still a thing. I figured out that anytime someone brought in a PC with a Seagate Hard Drive and the hard drive would error and not pass diagnostics. Even if it still had life, just too many bad sectors or errors the Seagate Company would warrenty replace it no questions asked. It was their standard practice. I would call Seagate with a few drives at a time. I was told one time that the company appreciated my business with them that most PC techs would charge the customer for the new drive and not bother with warranty replacement. I charged just for the labor time to transition a replacement drive. The whole point of this was I started getting calls from new customers about repairing and salvaging data from virus damaged drives and hard drive repairs. What occurred was someone at Seagate listed my company as the only PC Consultant certified by Seagate, in my local area, to reclaim data from a damaged Seagate Hard Drive. My company was a two man part time operation and we got listed in Seagate’s directory for referrals. Not trying to put a negative word out there, the CB Shop owner may have just figured out how to get in the right list for President.

Last edited:
On the Home front I decided I couldn't wait any longer and broke open the New McKinley and put her on the bench for testing and see if I could make a contact. I hooked it to my Dosy TFC 3001-S at first to test the frequency and with the Clairifier on dead center I got the correct reading on both AM and SSB. The dead Key was 4watts on all channels and the modulation was about 75-80%. 5 clicks on the external RF power adjusted the dead key to 1 watt. The swing wasn't for crap. I hooked it to my other Dosy meter to verify my findings and it agreed with my findings. Then I opened it up and adjusted the AMC & ALC to correct those issues. And now I'm excited to try it on some DX because DX quit running before I started. I hope the Bowser man is on tomorrow so we can test it. Or anyone else that is on. It's almost like Xmas.

On the Home front I decided I couldn't wait any longer and broke open the New McKinley and put her on the bench for testing and see if I could make a contact. I hooked it to my Dosy TFC 3001-S at first to test the frequency and with the Clairifier on dead center I got the correct reading on both AM and SSB. The dead Key was 4watts on all channels and the modulation was about 75-80%. 5 clicks on the external RF power adjusted the dead key to 1 watt. The swing wasn't for crap. I hooked it to my other Dosy meter to verify my findings and it agreed with my findings. Then I opened it up and adjusted the AMC & ALC to correct those issues. And now I'm excited to try it on some DX because DX quit running before I started. I hope the Bowser man is on tomorrow so we can test it. Or anyone else that is on. It's almost like Xmas.
bye bye warrenty

whiteastro,

sounds like you've had quite the run-around with this radio.

Do you mind telling us what the initial complaint was?
LC
My first McKinley was off Freq. out of the box and had a problem in the SSB circuit and it seen 3 repair shops before they gave me a new radio. Now my Lincoln II+ I bought New is off Freq. ( Bad track record ) With bad weather road conditions I haven't had a chance to take it out to Bob's CB Shop for alignment yet. President Radio's service rep. lives in denial ( from my first dealing with them ) so I'm not going to deal with his BS again. I buy New radios because I don't want to deal with problems and see where that gets me. LOL End of Story !

Reactions: Rwb and The turd
is that an A farmall or a super A? when i was about 8 i ran a B for a neighbor when dad didnt need me at home raking hay
Yes that is a 1953 Farmall Super A which has been in the family since it was new. The engine was overhauled in the 70s and was never put back in farm service so she purrrs like a kitten. I put a 3 point hitch system on it because they never had one and give it TLC. I just restored the front snow plow system from a salvage yard and it works great. All the tractor needs is a good steam clean & paint and she is read for parades. But unfortunately it's too big for my property so it's probably getting sold this year and getting replaced with a Kubota Sub-compact with a front loader bucket. I'll cry when I see it go down the road.

• Sad
Reactions: Rwb
I had a squelch issue on a Lincon II+. Guy had no clue. I finally figured out how to adjust it myself using the tech menu. I posted the notes on this forum somewhere. Guy seemed competent, but the whole President support thing is BS because the manufacturer must be prohibited by threat of death from communicating outside their facility.

I had a squelch issue on a Lincon II+. Guy had no clue. I finally figured out how to adjust it myself using the tech menu. I posted the notes on this forum somewhere. Guy seemed competent, but the whole President support thing is BS because the manufacturer must be prohibited by threat of death from communicating outside their facility.
Well the customer support told me It didn't come out of here like that. I know I didn't pull it out of my backside like that. Always blame someone else. Typical.

Reactions: Rwb
My first McKinley was off Freq. out of the box and had a problem in the SSB circuit and it seen 3 repair shops before they gave me a new radio. Now my Lincoln II+ I bought New is off Freq. ( Bad track record ) With bad weather road conditions I haven't had a chance to take it out to Bob's CB Shop for alignment yet. President Radio's service rep. lives in denial ( from my first dealing with them ) so I'm not going to deal with his BS again. I buy New radios because I don't want to deal with problems and see where that gets me. LOL End of Story !

im not surprised at all by the radio being off frequency out of the box.

honestly strykers are the only radios i find that aren't.

It's sad but quality control is just terrible in the factories our radios get made in these days.

it's pretty standard practice these days to buy a brand new radio and take it right to a shop for an alignment.

when you realize that a good alignment can take over an hour its easy to see why most new radios aren't optimized for best performance.

thanks for the reply.
LC

Moral of the story, in today's market, go with Anytone(Quixang) radios. Buy radio, take it out of the box, convert it (usually easy), put it on the air! They just work. Unlike the revered brands of old (Ranger, Galaxy, President, etc.) that seem to suffer from a "we don't give a shit" attitude regarding their products anymore, Quixang is producing nice radios at a good price!

JD

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.