• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

PRESIDENT WASHINGTON QUESTION

CB RADIO FREQ

Apr 1, 2013
Hello, I am trying to restore a PRESIDENT WASHINGTON CB base but it has 3 offsets that controll the the receive and transmitt frequency. No matter what I do I cannot seem to get the recieve and transmitt locked together on the same frequency. This is an MB-8719 PLL if that helps. Any help as to how to set these offsets would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!

The radio has 3 separate oscillators that control LSB, AM and USB. Each has a variable inductor inside a small metal box sometimes called a "can". These 3 controls move the RX and TX together for the mode they control and are intended to line up all 3 so that the frequency lines up when switching modes. If the RX and TX are not on the same frequency, there is a variable resistor towards the front of the radio that moves the TX frequency (all modes) independent of the RX frequency so they can be aligned to match. Sorry I don't remember the part numbers but this should help get you started. If the clarifier has been modified incorrectly, alignment may not cure the problem.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.