• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Pretty cool old ham radio video

that was a cool old vid. It felt like I was back in first grade watching educational videos again on the reel to reel.

Ah the good old days when cbers weren't considers scum and offered a chance into this exclusive club known to the world as amateur radio.

Reactions: 1 person
They are still offered a chance if they want to join. Just leave any CB baggage behind.

The problem I ran into was the fact that the Hams couldn't leave the "CB Baggage" behind.

When I got my ticket years ago and joined the local club and started attending meetings and events in and around North Alabama all I ever heard (or was actually told, face to face) was that there could be no association with the "Low-life CB trash".

Needless to say, I didn't participate long as I never wanted to be "One of the Elite"

I still have friends who are active Hams that have no problem with both sides of the hobby but they are few and far between.

We are never going to put this radio operator class war to bed.

Never.

I still can't fathom why, that is just the way it will always be I suppose.

We are never going to put this radio operator class war to bed.

Never.

I still can't fathom why, that is just the way it will always be I suppose.

It's because there are idiots on both sides of the equation. Some CBers act like idiots on the air and it tarnishes everyone. Some hams refuse to look at the individual for what he is or has to offer and all they can see is a former (or current) idiot CBer. I have seen some CBers become good hams and I have seen CBers continue to act like CBers with the lingo etc after getting a ham ticket.

Did u notice they were all calling "break"?

Most hams cringe when someone "breaks" in on a QSO.

I thought that clip was one of the best hobby related videos I have ever seen. I'm surprised by the low views it had. Even though it's an older video it is still very much relevant.

That movie isn't just indicative of radio use, it truly reveals where our country went. Just imagine how that video would be produced today. Maybe Kim kartdsen or justin beeber would narrate.:cry:

Cool old Video

Very nice old video.

Not all Amateur Radio Oprs,(Hams) look at Citizen Band Radio Oprs.
as Scum or low lifes,If you like radio,antennas ,Dxing-HF/VHF or
what-ever floats your boat - All types of people are hams -Do Not Let
some -ole Blowhard or whatever Stop You -Take them with a grain of
Sand and get your license.

Paul

Great video. Almost made me give up my general ticket and try to get my novice. hi hi

73 kj4unx

Did u notice they were all calling "break"?

Most hams cringe when someone "breaks" in on a QSO.

I thought that clip was one of the best hobby related videos I have ever seen. I'm surprised by the low views it had. Even though it's an older video it is still very much relevant.

QSK please

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated