• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Pristine Yaesu FT-101b

Sonwatcher

Apr 6, 2005
Colorado
This is my new addition. It was gone over and aligned by KJ4W who has a pretty impressive resume on QRZ. I can't wait to get it on the air. :D I haven't decided which mic to use on it. It comes with a stock Yaesu hand mic. I am undecided between a D104, Turner+2 or my Turner CS-1. I do have a studio mic but I would have to do some configuring with that.With the studio mic I can use my DSP-110 noisegate, compressor,filter.

ft101b.jpg

Hi Ron, one can never have too many radios :D I have decided to retire my ts-520 and have replaced it with an Icom ic-761,WOW what a differance.Here's a pic:www.rigpix.com/icom/ic761.htm

Have fun,CDX-288

Ron on edit i have brand new matched set of 6146w tubes for sale,see my ad in swapshop section.

Nice find Ron . Iam on the hunt for a HF radio myself . Hope to catch ya on the air . 73 ..Hank

Ron on edit i have brand new matched set of 6146w tubes for sale
Heads up, the 101 series radios run 2 X 6JS6C`s Tubes ( or Bob 85 might say valves) in the final PA.
And a 12BY7A driver tube.
The old Kenwoods ran the 6146`s.
I have a few spares here for my "rice burners"
2 of the Toshiba/Japan/green stripe tubes, 2 Lindal/Japan/green stripe, and a couple of US made GE tubes.
The 101 B is still sporting OEM (Toshiba) Japan tubes, and the 101 E I have has GE`s in it, with the mod to run them.
I have a whole sleve of brand new 12BY7a`s.
Any of the mics listed will work fine Ron, I Like Dynamic Mics on the 101`s myself, a Tug9 with a 10 D head on it sounds better than the crystal ones to my ear, but some like the crystal better. To each his own.
The Cycle is starting up, and you will be set to run some 10 Meter AM up on the 29.100 Sub-band when things start to cook.
Does it have a AM filter in it?

Jeff

No problem Stu. Thanks Jeff for the info. The gentlman said there is no AM filter installed but said it receives AM very well. Do you think I can improvise with the Behringer DSP1100 or Behringer DSP110 Shark putting one or the other inline with the receive audio ?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.