• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

pro tools setup

skullman64

Nov 24, 2009
Hi jon here kj6rdk im looking for some info on pro tools for 11 meters or ham radio what i need is info on what i need for basic pro tools setup software,hadware,all info on what i need,im curently into voodoo audio 3-6kc bandwidth tx/rx i use a kenwood ts-950sdx with all analog pro audio equipment,lets say im getting bored and want a new challage im thinking of trying some sdr,or softwhere to try on my kenwood does anyone have any info on this,i know robb might thx in advance jon..

old topic i know but relevant to my question, I am also looking for setup/info on using protools for radio use, I have protools8/mbox/re20 mic and using a stryker955 with asymod board, anyone have any info and experiance using protools that can get me started ? thnks

4040 passed away several years ago. I wish I could help but I use rack gear and never got into protools.

awe sorry to hear that about him, i also have some behringer rack gear, not sure on that stuff either..lol - dsp1124p feedback destroyer - virtualizer pro dsp2024p - composer pro xl - ultragain preamp

You don't need a lot of fancy stuff with the asymod board. A mic preamp, a compressor is nice and an eq are the basic items.

Whatever gear you used a brick wall peak limiter is a must IMO. It should always be the last item in line. It will prevent over modulation and add a lot of punch to your audio.

I use an Art pro channel (eq bypassed) for mic preamp and compression, then a dbx 131 31 band eq and finally I use an aphex dominator 2 720. I'm sure pro tools is capable of that and much more.

There is a video on BBi's YouTube channel where he interviews motor mouth maul. It's mostly a shit show but John mentions some audio processing software that he he's started using instead of pro tools. I can't find the scratch paper I wrote it down on.

A rea mod monitor is nice. It will record your audio and then you can play it back on your pc. If you're pc has an adjustable eq you can play the recording on a loop and see what adjustments make you sound better without getting your rack settings screwed up.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated