• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Problem with my Maco 300.

Riveratt355

Mar 5, 2014
Hello to all. I was wondering if anyone could help me with my Maco.The problem is that it won't let the power of my radio through it when it's on standby and it is sending my swr through the roof. Could this be a dirty relay? Or something other? Any thoughts would be great! Thanks,Riveratt355.

Dirty relay, bad solder joint.

This is only in standby? if you turn the switch to transmit then the radio hears well in receive?

Dirty relay, bad solder joint.

This is only in standby? if you turn the switch to transmit then the radio hears well in receive?
Hello wavrider,yes the receive works just fine,whether the amp is on or off,standby or transmit mode.Amp is also making power but not like it should.Thanks so much,Riveratt.

If it receives in standby, it should also allow your radio to transmit through the relay and jumper in standby.

I would look at the SO 239's on the back of the amp and see if any of the rivets came loose or whatever hardware is being used to secure the so-239's.

I have a maco 200 with similar issue, turned out to be the rivets holding on the so 239's were loose and not providing a good ground/contact to the amp chassis.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.