• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ProComm Proton PT99 Base Antenna

Palletburner said:
I found a good deal on a new A99 so I bought that tonight, as well as ordered 100' of RG8 coax. I'll let you all know how it works out when I get it. In the meantime I'm going to look around for something else to use as a mast, or something to add to mine to put it higher up.

Thanks for all your replies, I've learned alot in this thread.

Palletburner said:
Picked up the 30 and 40 foot mast today, thanks again to DXman!

Now just waiting on the postal service.....

...all that work for a 17' dummy load.
ohbfrank.gif

I have the antenna about 20' feet up right now till I get the stuff I need for the guide wires, my friend that is 9.80 miles away (straight across) said I am coming in at 5 S-units. I haven't checked the SWR yet, and I am using a Radio Shack TRC-483 40 channel. He is on a Cobra 2000 and a A99 mounted 28' up.

PROTON 99 FEEDBACK

I have had the PROTON 99 up at ONLY 20 feet now for a couple of weeks & it works VERY well.I am planning on moving it up to 40 ft soon so that should help as well.I'm NOT looking to SHUT DOWN the airways just get out about 15to 20 miles to my mobile & it does that just fine with just a UNIDEN WASHINGTON & an ASTATIC GOLDEN EAGLE D-104 so I'm PLEASED with it's performance. I have worked some DX but that is NOT what I bought it for.

SIX-SHOOTER (y)

I have had the PROTON 99 up at ONLY 20 feet now for a couple of weeks & it works VERY well.I am planning on moving it up to 40 ft soon so that should help as well.I'm NOT looking to SHUT DOWN the airways just get out about 15to 20 miles to my mobile & it does that just fine with just a UNIDEN WASHINGTON & an ASTATIC GOLDEN EAGLE D-104 so I'm PLEASED with it's performance. I have worked some DX but that is NOT what I bought it for.

SIX-SHOOTER (y)

How's the Proton working out? Did you ever raise it to 40'?

I'm thinking of getting one for the tree up at my friend's cabin near Lake Tahoe.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.