• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Programming Software for the VX-8R

There is a memory bank screen where you can add the memories real easy and arrange them however you want. as far as moving them around I'm not real sure what you mean. I attached a screen shot of the Memory Bank screen

Attachments

• Memory Bank.JPG
    Memory Bank.JPG
    233.9 KB · Views: 261
OOPS!

Ooops! It looks as though RT Systems is temp out of stock on the software. It looks like you will have to wait until June 10th. All orders in house will be filled though. :sad:

RT Sys product is shipping

I think the website needs updating. I received an email today from them saying the product has shipped.

When I spoke with them on the phone yesterday they promissed Friday ship date too. I'm glad I called.

I have one problem though. The cable they are sending is 5 feet long. I only want a very short jumper, maybe 6 inches maximum.

My 'go kit' is a Pelican 1490 laptop case. I stow everything in there neatly and really don't have space for a bunch of wire.

Hopefully I'll be able to cut and splice the RT Sys cable to suite my needs.

Marc Duncan

Key code glitch

This is really no big deal, however, when I received my software the key code did not work. I tried it three times. I put in a call to RT systems and they told me some copies were shipped with the wrong key. They promptly gave me the correct key and everything was fine. If this should happen to you, just give them a call. They're very friendly. (y)

Are you able to delete programmed memories too?

So far I have not found a way to delete a previously programmed memory directly from the radio. Am I missing something???

I can only assume that the RT software DOES allow you to delete previously programmed memories, right?

Thanks,
Scott

If any of you are interested in RT Systems file sharing I have the San Joaquin Valley repeaters and emergency scanning freqs along with the Bay Area scanning freqs, Blue Angels, CAP, CALFIRE, Space Shuttle, Airports, etc.

Moleculo I'm interested in LA and Orange County repeaters etc. if you have them, I travel down there occasionally.

Yea Scott, in case you don't already know, with the RT Systems everytime you reload it erases all the memories, if you want to delete a memory just remove it from the file and it won't load the next time. Also if you want to remove it from the radio, hold the fw key for 1/2 a second, long enough for the icon to show up in the display, then press the internet key and the freq is deleted.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.