• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Proper Crossband Repeat Method for Icom IC-2820

AudioShockwav

Extraterrestrial
Staff member
Apr 6, 2005
Nor Cal Sierra Nevada
The information in the other article is incorrect. You don't even have to do ANY mod to the radio to make this work. Follow these instructions and you'll have no problem.
  1. Select your VHF freq. on the left side (in VFO or a memory channel)
  2. Select your UHF freq. on the right side (In VFO or memory channel, as well)
  3. Push AND Hold Both RIGHT and LEFT Band Knobs until you hear a BEEP
  4. WHILE STILL HOLDING KNOBS, Press the "F" button (between the right vol/sql knob and band knob) until it BEEPS and you see the "Skeleton Key" Icon Flash on the upper right side of the display
  5. Crossband is ready to use. You can not change freq. until deactivated.
TO DEACTIVATE:
Press "F" until you hear beep and/or key icon (in upper right corner of display) disappear.

Reactions: RoadRanger

Hi,can i have this function with two uhf freg on both sides ,or take a uhf freg from a repeater and transmit it to a vhf to my handheld?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated