• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Proposed part 95 rule changes

Seems to me that whenever the FCC is proposing rule changes there is a SIG (Special Interest Group) involved.... more than likely some group that wants to "take over" the limited resource the the electromagnetic spectrum in any way they can! Usually it will involve lawyers they hire to submit proposals and then the FCC will docket the proposed rule change with a preemptive "strike" by a question and answer period. Then base their decisions on the answers, this is followed by an appeal and most likely money or favoritism to congressmen, who in turn vote when no one is looking or listening and pass the vote under the table to those who pay the most! :sad:

As for banning the use of directional antennas to limit sky wave "incidentals", This is stupid as the omnidirectional antennas can work as well as beams of any design when there is any propagation!!!

As far as interference to television service, terrestrial TV is digital, almost immune to interference, cable or satellite are there and again almost free from interference. All ploys to make the SIGs case! :mad:

Some of the proposed rule changes would not be bad but not worth the other bothersome rules! :headbang FM is fine but not by it's self.... :thumbdown:

Question and answer times are useless, but give it a whorl! and remember that resistance to this is best done through your congressmen! ;)

73 mechanic

"resistance is futile" I do not believe in the Borg! :whistle:

Last edited:
Do nothing until there is complete chaos then make up more rules that won't be enforced. That's how the FCC rolls.

banning antennas is plain dumb..... !what do they expect!..... ppl have 4 watt radios vs 1000+watt stations all over the place over powering everything its the only way to rid them on the back side of the beam.....witch doesnt really rid them it cuts them down a heck of alot..... 2nd they should up the power limit for stock radios and go after ppl with HIGH POWERED amps its not hard to see whos got POWAH i use a HACKRF dongle and SDR console on my pc with 60' flat screen for a monitor..... and yes you can see the POWER houses blaring all over the bands talking on one channel and bleeding on 4 channels up/down from where there transmiting vs the guys who dont.... some even brag about there mauls and 3000+ watts all day every day..... AND thats why you see exports getting into the mix so you can have extra power to get out over the non sense beating your sides and rear doors on your beam just my two cents

god bless have a nice day

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.