• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Puck mount radials

51umSRMo-EL.jpg

Your talking about something like this it does not to improve your receive one bit it is just for looks. It does change your swr a little since it makes your antenna a little longer.
No, the ones I'm thinking of are WORSE than that. That's for a SO239 connection so at least it connects to the "ground" side of the antenna. The ones I'm talking about are 3/8 thread.

Prepared to be in shock and awe of the amazingness of this item....

41fDGoeiXEL.jpg

uniden-tristar-ground-plane-mount-for-3-8-cb-radio-antenna-aerial.jpeg
No, the ones I'm thinking of are WORSE than that. That's for a SO239 connection so at least it connects to the "ground" side of the antenna. The ones I'm talking about are 3/8 thread.

Your referring to this type which advertises as a ground plane which surely isn't.

You're referring to this type which advertises as a ground plane which surely isn't.

Yup, those things have been around a while. And as fourstringburn said they are not what they claim to be. They're basically an antenna decoration for those who aren't ready to go all in with a Stargun.

I have one of those 3-legged things. Was told it was a groundplane, was given to me to run on my Antron 1700. Never noticed any difference. Later found out why. Still have it, a token of my CB days in the 90s.

Reactions: Slowmover

41fDGoeiXEL.jpg

SMOKE & MIRRORS is a great name for them or SNAKE OIL works also.Not nearly long enough but they will help somebody make a dollar here & there & get a good laugh as well.

SIX-SHOOTER

SMOKE & MIRRORS is a great name for them or SNAKE OIL works also.Not nearly long enough but they will help somebody make a dollar here & there & get a good laugh as well.

SIX-SHOOTER

I’d say the question is whether, does performance deteriorate with said use (measurable), or is it basically unaffected?

If it’s the latter, then rubbing in some starshine is a way to have a little fun with others.

“Yup, Joe Bob, I can hear Recons’ dog snoring in the other room when he’s keyed up since everything else got so quiet”.

Now, I don’t know about the rest of y’all, but I’ve surely spent more and gotten less when it comes to the worthy pursuit of a pulled leg.

Wanna tell me that a man had some hair transplanted to his forehead — or a that a woman had a face-lift — are any different? That a tattoo is a form of magic?

If these are snake-oil — they are, with the express intention to deceive — then so's a Harley. As they’re about WHO someone “is” it’s considered impolite to laugh at the laughable.

This is a matter of the order of who laughs when.
About a thing. Not a person.

Start with an NMO-mount holding the Super M scanner antenna Mudfoot put on the Jeep. (As an almost rust bucket that’s keystone to the archway). Prove then that it works. (See that thread).

And I thought you guys could make an antenna out of a balcony railing.

Proofs measurable made against visually-perceived likelihood, well, . . the field is then yours. Our catalog is filled with jokes and gimmicks.

Last edited:
543, can tell us how you determine the maximum harmonic radiation?

Do you mean 54 ohms or 54mhz?

I meant mhz. I was just talking nonsense and really didn't put any thought into it. I'd probably find an old television set and put it on CH2 to verify the theory. Compare the before and after RFI.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.