• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Purchased new Texas Star DX1600X

Hello all just wanted to give a short review of this brand new Texas Star DX1600X. In a word fantastic! Yes it has the DEI 2SC2879's. It is very well made with very good parts and very good soldering. Modification is necessary before it will operate, but it's a very simple modification. Not the typical CW to AMP conversion found on CBradiotricks.com.
Have tested this 1600X very thoroughly. Input matching appears good. Yes it will put out over 1500 watts peak with 15.5volts on the DC input. Driving it very conservative with 12 watt dead key swinging up to 170 watts peak. 12 watt dead key equals to 500 watts RMS out. It will do 800+ watts RMS with a max of around 1500+ peak@15.5vdc. Lots of really cool functions that work great and not found on many of the other amps seen for sale. Paid $775 plus shipping from HYelectronics. Not a full blown competion amp but will still hold its own if fed right. Using it on a 300 amp 13.7 vdc supply with 15 watt dead key my DX1600X just loafs along getting a easy 600 watt carrier with 1200-1300 peak watts. No TVI or any other weirdness from it. Anyway check these TS DX1600X's out. I'm glad I did.
73's

I doubt you will ever see one again.
If you do it will be a different design.

Jeff
So I’m using a stone wall Jackson base radio and new Texas star dx 1600 with fat boy 200 amp regulated power supply where do you think the volts should be set at I get people saying 14.5 15 I mean there not the Toshiba pills but let me know Texas star says 16 no way I’m gonna run that

I operate all of my Texas Star amplifiers, (350's, 500's, 1600), at 14 ~ 14.5 volts.
In the radio room, I use regulated, variable power supplies for this.
In my trucks, my alternators output voltages run at 14 ~ 14.5 volts anyway.

Reactions: AudioShockwav
I appreciate you getting back to me could you call me at ### ### #### I also use variable in my power supply fat boy 200amp so 14.5 is where I will leave it

Last edited by a moderator:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.