• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Puting together a Kenwood TS-820 station.

Captain Kilowatt

Professional Amateur
Staff member
Apr 6, 2005
Nova Scotia,Canada
For the past year and a half I have been the proud owner of a mint TS-820S and the matching VFO-820 external VFO along with the MC-50 microphone. I have been looking for the rest of the accessories that matched the 820 and I have just added a couple pieces. A few days ago I won an auction on Ebay for an AT-230 antenna tuner and tracking info says it left JFK New York at 5:30 this morning. Earlier tonight I won an auction for the matching SP-820 external speaker with builtin audio filters.Both Ebay wins look to be in great shape but I guess time will tell. I lost an auction for a TV-506 six meter transverter but no big deal. It is just one of those need to have it to complete the station kind of things and I have a 100 watt 6m rig anyway.All I need now is an SM-220 station monitor and I have my eyes on one of those as well. :shock: I may need a wider desk by the time I put this 820 station all together and have it spread out across the entire desktop. ;)

Man, sounds nice. Will you post pics when it's complete. Reminds me of when I had my mint FT902DM and all the other pieces, external VFO, speaker phone patch, monitor scope and antenna tuner. all mint like new. Sorry I sold that thing. All I needed was the 2 meter and 6 meter transverters and it would have been complete. All in all 142lbs of beauty.

Let's see: DX-100B, SX-101A, D-104 (no, they didn't make them with the amplifier back then), Vibroplex Presentation, Johnson Matchbox (the large one)....

Closer to 250 pounds, I'd guess... ;)

Well the eBay finds have finally arrived and they are in really nice condition. I now have the TS-820S, VFO-820,SP-820,AT-230, and the MC-50 microphone and the station stretches the entire width of the operating desk. :D I missed out on an SM-220 station monitor the other day when I was beat out by $2.50 in the final few seconds of an auction. :evil: Oh well,can't win'em all. I will post pix in a few days of the Kenwood TS-820S station. I'm still looking for an SM-220 with or without the BS-8 panadapter module and would also consider the TV-502 and TV-506 transverters for 2m and 6m respectivly BTW in case anyone has one but it must be in very good condition.I take pride in my new looking 30 year old gear. ;)

I know what you mean about stretching across the table. My FT902DM Station was rather large and I was still missing the transverter. It weighed a whopping 142lbs. Man I miss that station

I finally got around to digging out the digital camera. All pieces look like new with no dings or scratches al all.Left to right:

MC-50 microphone,SP-820 speaker with Hi-LO filters,TS-820S transceiver,VFO-820 external VFO,AT-230 antenna tuner

ts820scropsg3.jpg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.