• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Q5N2 software (v2.02) questions re: Work Group & Max

nikdfish

Feb 16, 2017
I recently acquired an AT-5555N II and downloaded a copy of the QPS5555N_II_2.02 programming software.

Most elements are fairly self explanatory, but what is the function of the work group selection? Band use seems obvious but work group not so much. Is it just a way to set up the default band that appears on power up?

work group 2023-02-28 090554.jpg

Second question, what is the function of the Max field under SWR Protect?

max under SWR protect 2023-02-28 092534.jpg

I could not find any documentation that fully describes the Anytone program use, if there is a source for documentation, a link would be appreciated. Thanks for any assistance!

The swr protect max is at what swr you want the radio to put itself into protect mode. If that max swr is reached the radio will timeout and not transmit. I set mine at 2.5

The work group, idk. I just leave it alone.

Reactions: undertaker
I recently acquired an AT-5555N II and downloaded a copy of the QPS5555N_II_2.02 programming software.

Most elements are fairly self explanatory, but what is the function of the work group selection? Band use seems obvious but work group not so much. Is it just a way to set up the default band that appears on power up?
As Eldorado828 said about the SWR, however FYI - if you plan to use an automatic antenna tuner with the radio, you will usually need to set a higher SWR Protect value, maybe somewhere between 5 to 10.. Because otherwise the radio will stop transmitting before the antenna tuner can do its work! (The PA is very robust in these radios so the risk of damage/ blown finals is low).

Regarding the work group - yes it seems to only set the active group when the radio is powered on - and this not permanent - whatever band / channel you leave the radio set too at power off, will be recalled when you power it back on. I'm not sure why its available as an option, but there it is :)

Have a Q5N2 . Trying to get Windows 10 to connect to the radio. Getting Win10 device manager error "Device descriptor request failed". Am using an off the shelf Type A to Mini USB cable at Stryker technician recommendation. Tried installing Prolific v3.2.0.0 driver, Win10 wont load Prolific driver.

Any ideas ?

Device USB\VID_0000&PID_0002\5&3469c6cf&0&1 was configured.

Driver Name: usb.inf
Class Guid: {36fc9e60-c465-11cf-8056-444553540000}
Driver Date: 06/21/2006
Driver Version: 10.0.19041.488
Driver Provider: Microsoft
Driver Section: BADDEVICE.Dev.NT
Driver Rank: 0xFF0000
Matching Device Id: USB\DEVICE_DESCRIPTOR_FAILURE
Outranked Drivers: usb.inf:USB\DEVICE_DESCRIPTOR_FAILURE:00FF2000
Device Updated: false
Parent Device: USB\ROOT_HUB30\4&9c71956&0&0

I don't have an answer but it reminds me of the issue Stryker had in the beginning of the 955v2. Maybe someone else here will chime in.
@Greg T was pretty familiar with that issue if I remember correctly.

I don't have an answer but it reminds me of the issue Stryker had in the beginning of the 955v2. Maybe someone else here will chime in.
@Greg T was pretty familiar with that issue if I remember correctly.
I'm not really familiar with the quad five, but it seems to me that the cord does not match the radio or software. I never owned a quad five so I'm not sure if they come with their own proprietary cord, or if a generic USB cord will work. I would say the first thing to do would be to double check with the manufacturer's website and see if they have a brand specific cord that needs to be used.

Reactions: Brother DXer
I'm not really familiar with the quad five, but it seems to me that the cord does not match the radio or software. I never owned a quad five so I'm not sure if they come with their own proprietary cord, or if a generic USB cord will work. I would say the first thing to do would be to double check with the manufacturer's website and see if they have a brand specific cord that needs to be used.
What I meant was it sounded sort of like the Stryker issue you had at the beginning of the 955v2.

What I meant was it sounded sort of like the Stryker issue you had at the beginning of the 955v2.
The issue I was having was after I read from the radio and it was going to import the data to the software, it would shoot out the error. I didn't have any issue with my computer recognizing the USB cord.

"Am using an off the shelf Type A to Mini USB cable"

@MustangMI THIS is your problem. This will NOT work. You need the proper cable, which includes a serial UART RS232 converter chip. The same cable that works with a AT6666 and Stryker 955v2 also works with the Q5N2. Find it cheap on eBay, etc.

Only once you have the correct cable, will the drivers install. (I think you need to find a new technician, you have been given some bad advice there!)

"Am using an off the shelf Type A to Mini USB cable"

@MustangMI THIS is your problem. This will NOT work. You need the proper cable, which includes a serial UART RS232 converter chip. The same cable that works with a AT6666 and Stryker 955v2 also works with the Q5N2. Find it cheap on eBay, etc.

Only once you have the correct cable, will the drivers install. (I think you need to find a new technician, you have been given some bad advice there!)

Thanks. I now have the Stryker / Anytone cord that has the Prolific chip and Win10 loads the driver and QPS5555 2.02 now links to the radio.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    AKA- UDX122
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.