• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Qrm eliminator mobile use

nfsus

Yeah its turned off, touch it
May 9, 2011
Arkansas
We have tons of noise in town. Led lights, billboards and god know what else. Up to a 9+ in front of various stores. So my wonder was if anyone had tried the phasing qrm eliminator out in a mobile setup? I'm thinking about trying it this weekend.

Man made noises are difficult to eliminate because they vary so much & you can't keep up with all of them & even more so in a mobile even if someone else was driving. Get a good DSP External Speaker or a good DSP Filter & that's about the best that you can do & make the best of what you get along with a quality receiver.

Reactions: Wire Weasel
Those devices use a 2nd Reference Antenna that needs to be similar or same to ant #1 ...... doesn't seem likely one would be able to arrange that.

Reactions: FlatlandBusa
I've noticed it's not bad as I thought it would be. And it depends on the source, some sources cant be knocked out. In out town theres Hv transmission lines on one end of town, 6 or 8 traffic lights, led signs and dollar generals. If I tune on the hv side it still works on the other end. I'll admit it isnt an end all cure all but it's way better
Those devices use a 2nd Reference Antenna that needs to be similar or same to ant #1 ...... doesn't seem likely one would be able to arrange that.
I added a mag mount to the vehicle that was around 5ft from the main antenna. Worked good.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Man made noises are difficult to eliminate because they vary so much & you can't keep up with all of them & even more so in a mobile even if someone else was driving. Get a good DSP External Speaker or a good DSP Filter & that's about the best that you can do & make the best of what you get along with a quality receiver.
Have you tried one? I was amazed at what it can do. Perfect? Not hardly but not bad either.

Have you tried one? I was amazed at what it can do. Perfect? Not hardly but not bad either.
I use a ClearSpeech Base DSP Module on every radio I own or use with SSB & AM in my shack. I have for years & I have Zero desire to operate without one on any radio. I use an ICOM 7600 & ICOM 9100 (Both Optional Roofing Filters Installed) & they both have a very good DSP system as does my ICOM 7000 in my mobile which I use a ClearSpeech DSP Speaker with. I recommend the ClearSpeech products to everyone who hates Noise like I do. They make a great receiver even better.

I have a mfj 752. Not impressed. Not quite what you were talking about. And some noise just dont go away with the box. I notice I can tune it so even if the noise is there I am able to pull the rx signal up higher. It's all magic n phasing im sure. It also will act as a preamp when the knobs are in certian places. It's hard to explain to people that have not tried one because it is a tune it till you get the best kind of situation. And if it works it's great, but on the stuff that dont work you just get frustrated.

By the way just for kicks I put a tee inline to share 1 antenna instead of 2. Still sorta worked but no where the same.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated