• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

QRP still fun!

camaro1

Nov 2, 2012
wisconsin
even with the minimum of the solar cycle being in effect it still amazes me that qrp contacts can me made fairly easy. I set up outside today for a couple hours with my ft-891 set to 5 watts, an old solar brand automotive jump pack and a Alex loop antenna. made a hand full of contacts with the special event stations for the "Original 13 Colonies" on 10m-20m and a couple contacts on 17m...

Sure I could have just sat in the house with the a/c on and with 100w probly made these same contacts in 10-15 minutes but its just so much more fun to be outside doing it with minimal equipment

even with the minimum of the solar cycle being in effect it still amazes me that qrp contacts can me made fairly easy. I set up outside today for a couple hours with my ft-891 set to 5 watts, an old solar brand automotive jump pack and a Alex loop antenna. made a hand full of contacts with the special event stations for the "Original 13 Colonies" on 10m-20m and a couple contacts on 17m...

Sure I could have just sat in the house with the a/c on and with 100w probly made these same contacts in 10-15 minutes but its just so much more fun to be outside doing it with minimal equipment

Careful, Jay.
You'll be inundated with "Life's too short for you-know-what" comments and the such. :ROFLMAO:
Stand your ground! (y)

Last edited:
Reactions: camaro1
Just haven't been able to get your comment out of my mind, 543. Am heartbroken anyone would ever accuse me of that.
I can only hope you were joking.

I don't think you would intentionally troll anyone. The comment I made was a joke but I was curious to see if your good natured post was going to turn into qrp vs qro fight....I've been reading qrz too much. They fight about everything.

I'm glad to see Camaro is trying things and enjoying the hobby. That's what its it's all about. It doesn't matter to me if you have milliwatts or kilowatts. I enjoy reading about what others are doing. 73.

Reactions: Riverman
I don't think you would intentionally troll anyone. The comment I made was a joke but I was curious to see if your good natured post was going to turn into qrp vs qro fight....I've been reading qrz too much. They fight about everything.

I'm glad to see Camaro is trying things and enjoying the hobby. That's what its it's all about. It doesn't matter to me if you have milliwatts or kilowatts. I enjoy reading about what others are doing. 73.

Thanks for easing my mind. :)

I expected a good-natured dig from Gary and another one or two from others but didn't get them. :whistle:

Jay got his Alexloop from me a while back. They are good antennas. (y)

Reactions: camaro1

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.