• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

QSL cards

Chong

Feb 5, 2006
DX land Ohio
hello i am in search of QSL cards and ive been on a few sites that sells them where do you guys recommend because i was thinking cheapqsls.com but i thought i would check with you guys for some input thanks and 73

hehe

i got mine made tonight by a buddy of mine they are pretty cool too he made the design for me i just need to go print them somewhere tomorrow :D :D

I was going to say make your own, but looks like you've already done that. Other than the normal name, address, call sign, and report block information, cards can be anything you want them to be. A halfway good graphics program, and a printer, is really about all you need. What you print them on just depends on what the printer will handle. Have fun.
- 'Doc

Go to the QSLMAN.com in SOUTH CAROLINA. he charges like $68 for 2000 cards or something like that. It is way to expensive to make your own unless you have an industrial printer.

I designed mine about 25 years ago. Three colors, everything on one side of the card, with "K7KBN" spelled out in international signal flags down the left side.

One of the guys who was working for me was thinking of becoming a printer's apprentice, and one thing the printer required was that he take a project and set it up properly and print it. The young man and the printer thought my QSL project was worthy, so I wound up with 5000 3.5 x 5.5 cards for the cost of the stock! The young former apprentice now owns the shop.

I've seemed to have luck like this all along. When I was first licensed, I had my mom take a picture of me sitting at my rig, and took it to a local printer in Las Vegas. The printer was a good friend of my dad - went to school together and all that. I asked for the picture on the left side, and the QSO information on the right. He laid it out and when all was good he asked how many I wanted. My budget as a high school kid was only deep enough for 250 cards, but when I went to pick them up, "Scoop", the printer, put his arm around my shoulder and led me to a large carton. Seems he "accidentally" put an extra zero in the order, and I had 2500 cards! That got written up in QST: "If you need a QSL from Nevada, look for KN7KBN, who has plenty of them." :D :shock:

I won't tell any stories (modest, you know). I have found that with the computer and printer sitting here, and the fact that I love playing with graphics stuff, and I found that a 5 x 8(?) the large index cards will hold two QSL cards, it's cheaper for me to make my own. 'Course, I don't use all that many, but sure opens up a lot of possibilities. (And the lines on the back of those index cards means my writing isn't all over the card any more).
- 'Doc

I use plain 4" X 6" index cards.Without the lines on the back you can make custom report forms.It's nice to be able to change the design of your card when you feel like it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.