• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

question about 10 meter contest exchanges

crappykraco

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Aug 6, 2014
Ok.. I understand the RST report bit.

US stations add the state they're in.. Seems others are adding a sequential number for each contact. 201, 202, 203 and so on.

Other contests I've listened in on the state was not mentioned, but i hear them adding another number after the signal report.. Ex.. 59 15 , or 59 05... I guess what I'm saying is i don't understand what information is supposed to be exchanged, and it seems to vary depending on the contest.

Ok.. I understand the RST report bit.

US stations add the state they're in.. Seems others are adding a sequential number for each contact. 201, 202, 203 and so on.

Other contests I've listened in on the state was not mentioned, but i hear them adding another number after the signal report.. Ex.. 59 15 , or 59 05... I guess what I'm saying is i don't understand what information is supposed to be exchanged, and it seems to vary depending on the contest.

OK. had the aarl exchange explained to me by brain damage.. I had read the contest rules and didn't see that part.

Enjoy the contest Kraco...great way to pick up a bunch of countries and new states...
Ten meters seems pretty open right now...
Keep listening around as the day goes by band will shift to different parts of the world.
Here's a couple links to DX clusters...This will let you know who's on where!

http://www.dxwatch.com/dxsd1.php?f=12

https://ssl.qrzcq.com/page/dxcluster

Again have fun
All the Best
Gary/W9FNB

Unfortunately stuck at work but did pick up a few this morning.
I'll get a few hours in before darts tomorrow.

Stockholm Sweden from stockholm maine this morning. Kind of a cool one for me.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.