• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Question about ham

You have to aquire the knowledge to answer the questions on the test. It doesn't make any difference how you get that knowledge, classes, books, internet, whatever, just so long as you can answer the questions. No, you don't have to take a class. Although, that's the easiest way sometimes.
Once you get that out of the way, then you need to learn to use the radio you get. That means read the manual and understand what it's telling you. most radios are not all that simple anymore. If it has bells-n-whistles then you gotta learn to 'play' those things, you know? It isn't impossible by any means though. When all else fails, read the instructions.
It's a good idea to listen to what's going on and -how- it's being done. Then you'll have some idea of how to go about stuff. Everybody starts of not knowing how to do things so don't think that it's just you. If you don't know what or how to do something, ask. Everybody goes through the same thing so just give it a shot.
Good luck.
- 'Doc

The first and foremost step is perfecting the operation of an oven. The second most important step is how to mix spices for just the right savoury taste. The third step is how to comfortably enjoy the huge belly ache from the delicious ham.

Reactions: 1 person
Well seeing I'm trying to cram by the 24th of this month to get my license what's a good radio to get that's cheap but I wanna operate more than 2 meters I am under the assumption that a tech class can operate. 10m 6m 2m 1.25m 70 cm 33cm 23cm so I gotta learn I wanna b on the 10 meter I wanna talk to people atleast from the us

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.