• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Question about modulation

I am in somewhat of an argument with another cber on a different forum and I came here to get the real answer. I have a uniden grantxl that i noticed the modulation limiter had been rendered not working and asked for some help on how to fix it.Well this guy says it would be louder without it but from everything I've read and heard cutting the limiter will just make it a splatter box and at 100% modulation you are at the best your radio can do before going down hill. So am I right in fixing the modulation limiter or is he right and I should leave it alone.

You're both right.

It's better to fix it and tune it up right.

But it is probably louder the way it is, even though it will be splattering.

Depends on what side of the fence you want to be on. It will probably sound better and last longer if you fix it right.

My personal preference was for more signal and less audio so the audio was cleaner.

Tune the radio clean and put an amp behind it if it's an option.

If the radio is working correctly and your audio sounds good to the locals around you don't bother doing anything.

I only recommend trying to replace a limiter if the radio sounds like crap, and believe me when you hear a radio without a limiter and it's having problems you can tell right away.

No need to go into a radio and risk messing something up or soldering something incorrectly when the radio is working fine.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.