• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Question about superscanner

T

TonyV 225

Hi I have put up a superscanner yesrurday and noticed it has noise on all directions but its a alot qiueter on the southeast side when pointed in that direction off that element. Is this normal I checked all cables and connections and there good. I also noticed it shows more swing and output power (pep) is this normal also??? This attenna seems to be kinda nice i got it with 3 extra control boxss for in the house with some other equipment. Any help on these questions will be appreciated Thanks......Tony......

</p>

Hello TonyV 225:

The Super Scanner Antennas are kind of a neat antenna in the sense you can find where stations are coming from in a instant.

They don't have a lot of rejection as compared to say a Moonraker or PDL-II, or Yagi Beam Antennas. But do have enough rejection to show what basic direction a signal is coming from.

It maybe possible that the antenna is receiving some sort noise from some local near by source, from the northwest direction.

You might have a local mobile station drive around in a circle around your station, and verify the S-Meters readings are pretty close as the mobile station is driving around in all directions, especially in the southeast directions.

I had my scanner antenna always pointed west to allow hearing stations in the valley, while this rejected the skip stations coming out of the east.

One of the modifications I always wanted to do the Super Scanner Antennas was to, add on Current Baluns between the coax and the three elements, and replace the RG-58C Coax with RG142 (Teflon type Coax). This would in my thinking reduce some interference to home electronics, and make for a cleaner pattern. As I am sure the Scanner Antenna is over 30 years old.

Jay in the Mojave

www.a1antennas.com

</p>

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.