• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Question about Vanity Calls - Redlight Review

Onthecoast

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Sep 13, 2012
If you have applied for a vanity call and the redlight review has been completed, does that mean that you are successful and now just have to go through the FCC waiting period, which I am told is 18 days?

I have no idea what the 'redlight review' is, so, can only say that when you apply for a vanity call sign, it takes a fairly standard amount of time to get an answer. Something like 10 days to 20 days seems like a fairly good estimate on that waiting to find out what they decided.
- 'Doc

figure 21 days for the vanity to clear.

IIRC redlight review is making sure everything is good (ie you ain't applying for a 2x2 or 2x1 when just a tech or gen as techs and gens can only have 1x3 and 2x3 calls also making sure the applied for call isnt restricted like a KP4 or KL7)

If you have applied for a vanity call and the redlight review has been completed, does that mean that you are successful and now just have to go through the FCC waiting period, which I am told is 18 days?

Basically, you are correct, but the waiting period can vary a little. All told, IIRC, it took about 20-25 days from the time I applied for my vanity call until the time the new call became official in the ULS database.

When I got mine it was about three weeks.
The bad thing when I got mine was when I got it they didn't let me know in anyway. I had went to QRZ.com (I think) and tried to log in with my old call (the one I thought was still good) and I couldn't log in. I sent a question to QRZ about not being able to log in and they told me about the change in my call.
Got mine on Dec 31 2010! So it will be easy for me to know when its up and I will need to renew.

Good luck with getting yours!

I think mine is good. I just have to wait. I checked on one of the websites and ot said it was expected to be granted.

I think mine is good. I just have to wait. I checked on one of the websites and ot said it was expected to be granted.

Just keep checking the ULS database search page. Once it's official, it'll show up, and it'll also show your previous call. Once that happens your new license and wallet card will show up in the mail in about a week or so.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.