• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Question : Dual Band Radios

I think I downloaded the manual from one of those .dk sites, I think it was mods.dk...

I should have gave you guys an update sooner , the TW-4000a that I had posted about still doesn't work to this day . After trying and trying to get it to run I finally gave up on it and went and bought another TW-4000a but not from ebay again , I went to QTH.com and bought one from another Amateur Operator along with a Duplexer as well . The 2nd TW-4000a has the optional dual band dip switch as well as the optional Voice Synthasizer too . This one works fine and came with both it's original manuals (Service & Owners) . The first radio just simply didn't and still doesn't work . :(

I really appretiated everyones help with this problem . :)

This is a shot in the dark and I am not familiar with that particular radio....................but, is it possible you have a PL tone set into receive as well? "Sometimes" with some radios, if this is set that way, it will cause the receiver to not respond back because it is acting like "Private Line". IOW, the receiver will hear the repeater when someone ELSE keys it, but, with the PL tone set, when you key it up, it literally "masks" the receiver. Since there is no actual tone on the machine, others are working thru it while yours is not.

It is just a wild shot and, again, I'm not there to see the rig (and not familiar with it), but take a moment to check it out. Likely not it, but, ya never know.................................. :)
PL tone can mess things up sometimes.

CWM

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.