• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Question on microphones for those with historical knowledge....

guitar_199

Mar 8, 2011
Deer Park, TX
I have now bought two "lots" of "wayward hand microphones for CBs". One order was 6 count, the other 7 count. Out of those 13 mics.... I have 2 Cobras and 1 Uniden that say "Electret Condenser - 1000 ohms" and one Radio Shack that just says "Electret Condenser".
I know what a condenser element is... what I am wondering is... would anyone have any idea what radios these would be used on???? I'd like to look and see that they did with them... as I am thinking that electret condensers need a power source and the mics do not have battery compartments. I just opened up one of the Cobras and there is no battery inside.
That just made me wonder what radio it might have gone to.

do they have a grey push button? iif they do the cobra will fit only a certain cobra 19, same for the uniden,, there was a radio that used these mikes and was cloned to cobra uniden general electric and several other name brands,,,

do they have a grey push button? iif they do the cobra will fit only a certain cobra 19, same for the uniden,, there was a radio that used these mikes and was cloned to cobra uniden general electric and several other name brands,,,
Both of the Cobras involved do have a grey push button!
One has a 4 pin plug, the other has a 5 pin DIN. I wonder if somebody tried to wire one up and use it on an incorrect radio? As I mentioned... I bought all of these in a "lot" off of Ebay so I have no idea what their histories are.

Reactions: midnight special
I use a Uniden BC645 electret hand mic with my new Stryker 955v2 and K-PO DX5000+, there is a menu setting for dynamic or electret. Sounds fantastic, now I think I will try the Cobra mic just to see. The newer President radios can also select electret in the menu too.

I thought about making a cord for the Uniden mic, with a 9v battery and a blocking cap on the audio wire. Just like an extension cord for the mic that would allow the use of an electret mic on an ordinary radio. Basically put the battery + on the audio wire along with the capacitor to block the battery power from the radio. Then battery - to mic ground. Plug it in, hit the key, and see what it does. Maybe I will get around to it one of these days.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated