• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Radio Canada International to cease SW broadcasts later this year.

Captain Kilowatt

Professional Amateur
Staff member
Apr 6, 2005
Nova Scotia,Canada
The federal budget released this week has dealt a big blow to the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation known as CBC which operates RCI the international shortwave station in Sackville New Brunswick which has been in operation for 70 years. RCI will cease Canadian originated programming in July and when international broadcasting agreements run out on October 31 of this year all broadcasting will shut down and the huge site is to be decommissioned and dismantled. Other cuts are being made to the television portion of the CBC as well.

CBC to cut jobs, programs over next 3 years - Canada - CBC News

2015 Same Strategy, Different Path.

Yes, the federal budget this go around has some teeth regarding cutting spending. I am planning to retire on 2 years, unless I'm laid off before then.

The federal budget released this week has dealt a big blow to the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation known as CBC which operates RCI the international shortwave station in Sackville New Brunswick which has been in operation for 70 years. RCI will cease Canadian originated programming in July and when international broadcasting agreements run out on October 31 of this year all broadcasting will shut down and the huge site is to be decommissioned and dismantled. Other cuts are being made to the television portion of the CBC as well.

CBC to cut jobs, programs over next 3 years - Canada - CBC News

2015 Same Strategy, Different Path.

Where will receive our Canadian propaganda from now ¿

Sent from my LG-P990h using Tapatalk

Where will receive our Canadian propaganda from now ¿

Sent from my LG-P990h using Tapatalk

Try NPR, bullshit is bullshit.

Now leave our neighbors alone, they gave us the greatest American of all time, Capt. James T. Kirk from Iowa! (y)

I love Canadians, except those pesky frogs in Quebec. :tongue:

JUST KIDDING, JUST KIDDING!
Last thing we need is for the RCAF to fire up their F4's and carpet bomb some trailer park in Michigan. Just think of the higher tax rates from all the home improvements!

Try NPR, bullshit is bullshit.

Now leave our neighbors alone, they gave us the greatest American of all time, Capt. James T. Kirk from Iowa! (y)

I love Canadians, except those pesky frogs in Quebec. :tongue:

JUST KIDDING, JUST KIDDING!
Last thing we need is for the RCAF to fire up their F4's and carpet bomb some trailer park in Michigan. Just think of the higher tax rates from all the home improvements!

F4's?? I guess you missed the CF-18 Hornets then, which are to be replaced with the CF-35 Lightnings. If the budget does not cancel them that is. Perhaps the next time the White House asks us to get involved in an airstrike we should just ask them where the nearest trailer park is instead. :D Hopefully it is in Quebec. I can't stand the frogs either.:laugh:

Reactions: 1 person
Slow your roll Capt. K. it's just a joke. Except the for VE2's.

:oops:I was handling a phone call from work at the time I posted above and missed the smilies which changes the mood of my post. I meant nothing by it as well as I figured you were JK as was I. Fixed the above to better reflect the mood. (y) It all good.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.