• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Radio Hump Mount

cswguy

Jun 13, 2011
Oshawa Ontario Canada
www.youtube.com
Hey guys/girls

Here we go again with questions lol, as you all know im always full of questions :blush:

I own a 2006 Buick Allure CXL and need a mounting device like a hump mount. Any idea's.?

Trying to avoid putting holes on my dash or under dash.

My radio is a 2510

Waiting for some great idea's and positive.

:whistle::whistle::D

Maybe you could adapt one of those hump mount drink holders That they sell at Advance Auto or one of those type stores . I don't know what they have in your area . Myself I used a rack that held little storage containers because it had a handle an is easy to put in/out of my truck .

keep an eye out at yardsales some times you might come across the hump mounts from the late 70s and 80s,, that is what i use in my ranger,, the one i found has a built in speaker and i have mounted my cobra 29 and my icom 228 on it and still might be able to go another radio on top of that..... i see one every once and a while on ebay... might even check with cb collectors they might have a few in junk box,,,,,,,,,, radio shack used to sell a metal one that had wings and a platform angled up to mount cb on,,, they are out there just finding them is it 73s midnight special

Gamber Johnson Radio Rack 212

I have a gamber Johnson radio rack mounted on a board under my floor mat. (Passenger side) It has the appearance that its mounted directly in the floor but its not. the shelving board under the mat keeps the rack stable and won't turn over. I also have quick connects on all the wiring for quick and easy removal. It only takes about one minute to pull the entire unit out and replace with another floor mat.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    387.4 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: 2 people
I have been using one of these for years.

C520.jpg

Reactions: 3 people
Hey guys/girls

Here we go again with questions lol, as you all know im always full of questions :blush:

I own a 2006 Buick Allure CXL and need a mounting device like a hump mount. Any idea's.?

Trying to avoid putting holes on my dash or under dash.

My radio is a 2510

Waiting for some great idea's and positive.

:whistle::whistle::D

All CB shops sell them....all you had to do is call or do a google search.

I bought one of these for a small dual band radio. Got it on eBay for $11 new from a seller called blueparrotsales. Bought a bunch of small stuff from this seller as well. They are cheap and I've received the stuff in two days every time.

Workman HUM1 Hump Mount

I have that one also, but in a humpless Ford Focus. I put Velcro on the bottom of the legs which holds it firmly on a carpeted floor mat. It's very small but can easily handle a Cobra 29 or similar size radio.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.