• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Radio Shack HTX10 Help

GLM927

Oct 25, 2020
Ontario Canada
Morning from the North Country

I'm looking to purchase a HTX10 is it a decent radio or should I stay away from it..? Can it be modified for 10mtr and for power upgrades.? Also what would be a fair price for this right.? The person is selling at $190CDN. Is that to high or fair.?

It would be awesome to get as much information as possible

Cheers
Duane

927 Great Lakes Mobile

HTX-10 was a 10 meter Radio... and was only intended to be so.
Mods for that radio for 11 meter usage were questionable.
$190 CD...is outrageous IMHO...They were ONLY $160 NIB when first came out.
When Radio Shack closed those out 30+ years ago...I bought 3 of them for $50USD each and sold them to new Novice Class operators, just to get them "On the Air" quick and cheap!
All the Best
Gary

They were a 25 watt SSB (USB ONLY) FM and CW rig...in original condition...NO AM(I think)...NO LSB...above (WRONG INFO...Correction below)
If they have more output than that or work on 11 meters...

They have been jacked with!!!:mad:

N1YWB: Radio Shack HTX-10 Review

Radio-shack-htx-10-10-meter-transceiver-img-2.jpg

HTX-10 II.jpg

HTX-10.jpg

Thanks, I stand Corrected!(y)
To many radios over the time...I had BOTH the HTX-100 and the HTX-10...
The HTX-10 actually closed out at $49.95 USD...I think.
I purchased my last HTX-100 for $59.95 USD....Everyone of those rigs ended up in the hands of a New Hams to get them "On the Air".
I was teaching Novice Classes with a couple Amatuer friends in that time frame.
Fun times!
All the Best
Gary

It’s still a very popular radio with the 10 meter CW beacon builders, possibly number 1. Most SSB users have moved away from those models ages ago.

I saw a HTX 100 for $50 here locally the other day. Too bad it doesn't have LSB or I would have bought it and converted it for 10/11. HTX 10 couldn't be converted but was a nice little radio. Not for $150 USD or $190CAD though!! Too much. $100 maybe.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.