• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Radioddity qt40 (Ares 2) with amplifier

That's when you justify! The Chinese economy is going to crap and we never know when those prices might jump way up...... Then they'll be completely unaffordable!
But I already have a Lincoln II+, a RCI 2950CD, a Magnum 257 blue face and some other straight 40 channel rigs...
You're trying to get me murdered in my sleep ahhahahahah. CB. Constantly Buying.

But I already have a Lincoln II+, a RCI 2950CD, a Magnum 257 blue face and some other straight 40 channel rigs...
You're trying to get me murdered in my sleep ahhahahahah. CB. Constantly Buying.
I lost track at about 40. Every time I think about selling one, I hook it up, then run it for a while, then put it back in the cabinet. Don't have the new Lincoln, but have the older one, have a 257 HP blue, and some old school 2950's and some DX models as well and a N2...
MADNESS!

But I guess it may be better than being hooked on phonics.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
I got the QT40 replaced From Radioddity. They shipped fast but they wanted to ask questions and asked me to make a video of the problem. I can't blame them people make mistakes RF Power down on SSb when they think they are on AM Amazon Fast no hassel return Might be the way to Go. Love The 5555N and the QT40 has been sitting for a few weeks now. Going to try it this weekend I was going to put it in the shop for weekends just too busy. The noise reduction circuit works well. Lots of antenna work this weekend. Getting it done before the winter sets in.

I have a QT-40 and QT-60, several weeks now. I like both. I have seen both radios on sale at times and IMHO, for what you get, all things considered, it's a lot. They both could use some refinements, but I think the 60 needs more than the 40, for what they are intended for. I don't doubt for a second, that things from China, are inevitably going to become more expensive or impossible to get.

Someone asked me two days ago if I would sell either and I said NO. Black Friday is coming.....the deals are going to be hard to resist. I feel for all of those who suffer from disorders, such as RAD. I myself should get help for that one. I have had it a very long time (radio acquisition disorder).

I have a QT-40 and QT-60, several weeks now. I like both. I have seen both radios on sale at times and IMHO, for what you get, all things considered, it's a lot. They both could use some refinements, but I think the 60 needs more than the 40, for what they are intended for. I don't doubt for a second, that things from China, are inevitably going to become more expensive or impossible to get.

Someone asked me two days ago if I would sell either and I said NO. Black Friday is coming.....the deals are going to be hard to resist. I feel for all of those who suffer from disorders, such as RAD. I myself should get help for that one. I have had it a very long time (radio acquisition disorder).
Say a prayer for Brother Lone as I suffer from a more crippling form, BCRAD (Big Costly Radio Aquisition Disorder) that I might resist a while longer.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
This I will do, if for no other reason than to keep you from outbidding me on fleaBay.
True sufferers of RAD, are mentally incapable of restraint, when it comes to radio purchases. There is no known cure, no known treatment and had been known as the root cause for the premature failure of countless relationships. If you truly have RAD, you would have at minimum, one ARES II or QT-40 in your collection.

I wish you luck....Black Friday is coming.

True sufferers of RAD, are mentally incapable of restraint, when it comes to radio purchases. There is no known cure, no known treatment and had been known as the root cause for the premature failure of countless relationships. If you truly have RAD, you would have at minimum, one ARES II or QT-40 in your collection.

I did. 2 weeks ago. I sent it back it was a turd.20231014_202901.jpg

Dont forget the following Monday is cyber-monday so a double whammy!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.