• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

RadioHACKtive butcher job.

Hard to tell looking at those pics on my phone screen, but the heat sink compound behind the finals looks silver. Is that Anti-Seize?

I have a 2510 that has donated a few parts to other radios, an lcd here a toriod coil there, a few knobs and the short board. God help me, I whackpacked a 2510!

Reactions: 1 person
Ide have punched someone in the mouth had this been my radio!!! Whoever did this needs their fingers broke!!!! That would set me at ease knowing this couldnt happen to anyone else ;)

That's why After purchasing my 959 I spent weeks doing research on where to get mine tuned and aligned. I sent mine to DTB Radio after receiving glowing reports from This forum on his excellent work. I had a second choice but I'm glad I chose DTB. If I had the equipment and know how I would want to do my own align and tune.

Not sure if it is his butcher job, beacause I had on my workbench couple of brand new 95t2 no one touch and output section looked the same. No slug, spread coil. Rest of parts are not missing, just not used by manufacturer.
Mike

Did he happen to take the cover off and get documentation pics before he sent it in to get worked on? I think I would have. After reading this penny dreadful, I certianly will before I ever give my stuff to someone to fix. Even if I knew the shop.

It may be salvageable by it looks wackpacked I would send it back to be superwackpacked for another 30.00 They remove the rest of the unecesary parts... Smoothe streamline and fast.Remove the channel knob cause it talks all 40 channels at once:oops:

Ide have punched someone in the mouth had this been my radio!!! Whoever did this needs their fingers broke!!!! That would set me at ease knowing this couldnt happen to anyone else ;)

Since the media is blaming everything on George Zimmerman, he probably did the tune on that radio.

Looks like a mosfet conversion was done, which if you read the instructions you'll see that it requires removing most of the aforementioned parts...

Besides, most of the "whackpack" junk is done around the regulator circuit anyway.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated