• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Radios For Sale...

I always check with Bobby first. Stryker 955, President Lincoln 2 plus, Anytone at6666. All top shelf and running perfect. Oh, I can't forget about last week's purchase, the Ares2 which has turned out to be my favorite radio. Paired with the KL503 HD I bought from Ed, it really is a great setup.
And he doesn't have to ship to me. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I have purchased several radios from Bobby too, all in excellent condition. I am really tempted with the N2, but I have to pay some things off while the overtime is flowing.
Best thing about the N2 is that it's already set up by Scott's if I'm not mistaken. You can't go wrong with the n2, somebody will get one heck of a deal with that one.

Bobby is a stand up guy!

the undertaker has 1 of what i want but BOBBY if i buy 1 more radio n not get rid of 3 you might be letting me down.ps she is reading this post to you

The valve of the Anytones that were done by Scott's just went up. He is no longer selling the Anytones which is a shame, because he is one of the few people who can get into the service menu on the Ares 2 in order to tune it.

Edit: I just found out that he is going to carry the Radiodity version because they have a warranty.

The valve of the Anytones that were done by Scott's just went up. He is no longer selling the Anytones which is a shame, because he is one of the few people who can get into the service menu on the Ares 2 in order to tune it.

Edit: I just found out that he is going to carry the Radiodity version because they have a warranty.

I was afraid that he would do that. Does that mean he won't carry the Ares 2 either?

Reactions: Rwb
I was afraid that he would do that. Does that mean he won't carry the Ares 2 either?
Nope, not the Ares 2 either. It's now the Radioddity QT40.
They're the same radios, made by Anytone. Nothing has changed except for the name on the radio and the extra $$ for the warranty.

And @whiteastro , the Ares 2 or (QT40) will run the 203. The other Anytones have too much swing.

Edit: I see that Anderson Radio Supplies has the Ares 2 in stock. $189.00. I'm not sure how well their tune and alignment jod is.

Last edited:
The lescom 148 arrived today and as always @undertaker delivered a top tier radio! The 148 is cherry, like it just left the assembly line floor. Bobby is one heck of a guy!

Yeah it's not the side mic but it's a cool classic looking radio, and I've never owned a 148. Tested it out this afternoon and I have to say it has a really pleasant receiver. She looks purdy!
20231006_141802.jpg20231006_141855.jpg20231006_142727.jpg20231006_142713.jpg20231006_142508.jpg20231006_142556.jpg

Can the dead key be lowered on this radio Anytone At-5555N II to be used with a KL-203 P ?
The dead key can be lowered but it all depends on what the peak swing would also be. If that radio still pounds out 45-60 peak watts from a 1.5 watt dead key that will destroy the KL-203. SSB would be no problem because you should be able to turn the RF power control on the radio down so your doing say 8-12 watts PEP.

It's always counter productive to go buy a hotrod 60-100 watt radio and then try to turn it down to run a 150-200 watt amp. There is very little improvement there to be made. You will need a bigger amp that can handle higher drive levels.

Now, that Cobra 148 that he had listed should work wonderful with that KL-203. That is as long as Lester didn't drop in some hot mosfet final and try to make it a 40 watt radio.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.