• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Mobile Ram 1500 antenna

Nick hatz

May 19, 2020
So I got so frustrated with mounting an antenna to the truck I pretty much gave up and went with a Wilson 5000 mag mount. SWR 1.3 to 1. My friend had a striker a 10 mag mount put that on my truck SWR down to 1.04 to 1. On the analyzer. That is with a striker 955HPC. Now I found a ranger 2970N4 with an Astatic 575 locally that I purchased. Will I be able to use that mag mount? I highly doubt it but maybe. Have not installed the radio yet. Don’t have a long enough power cord. From trying to install an antenna in the driver side back stake pocket I do have LMR 400 but the mounts are horrible. Any recommendations? I could not get the SWR‘s with 102 inch whip below 1.4 to 1. I do have a AA 55 antenna analyzer. Need help. Thank you.

Reactions: jacquelyn S cortes

Well that's not right tackling the easy way out ?? Just got my new President mickey I will be putting it in my new 2022 kid with 2 Browning Br-28 with Rg8u I will let you know how I make out should not have no problem getting a flat one SWR.on all channels usb&lab as well 73.

Reactions: Nick hatz
This truck has the ram boxes on the side and a bed cover. Obstacles. Please let me know. Looking at Breedlove mounts now. That’s why stake pocket is best option. A10 mag mount gets out good. Talk lab from Tampa to all over us when conditions are right.

can’t wait for the power cord to get here. Really want to install the 2970N4. Always wanted one. Curious to see how it compares to the Stryker

Reactions: jacquelyn S cortes
Well the striker is ok but I think you would have better luck with a mag mount for a Browning Br, 28 it will Kik ass all over that striker 73

The largest radios I have had in my pick-up were a Connex 3300-300, Galaxy 98vhp, and 95t2 and they all ran on my magnetic mount Wilson 1000 and I could talk local or skip all I wanted. If I could hear you, you could definitely hear me. Your antenna and coax are fine. The large power wiring is a must, take the time to run it in neatly and you will be good to go.

Yes I use the bracker type fuse!!! You don't have to replace it when it pops and be sides Dooley bat sistome 2nd bat is a jell cell battery its needed when Mickey needs the right power for them long distance dxing that is why I use the right stuff when it comes to radio communications I have been doing it for years in the CB room &if you're looking for the big guns!!go for the Ham shack vhf& uhf its all good fun but don't for get respect the radio communications waves and one another Cq Cq cq dx 73 N1Y??

The battery in the truck has been upgraded a much larger AGM style battery. Came stock with the 220 amp alternator upgraded the power cables from the alternator to the battery. I just can’t wait to get this power cable so I can start testing different set ups for 2970N4 it should ring. Oh I do respect the air waves. Thank you and 73’s

The largest radios I have had in my pick-up were a Connex 3300-300, Galaxy 98vhp, and 95t2 and they all ran on my magnetic mount Wilson 1000 and I could talk local or skip all I wanted. If I could hear you, you could definitely hear me. Your antenna and coax are fine. The large power wiring is a must, take the time to run it in neatly and you will be good to go.
Well the biggest radio communications I will be using a base robin with a mod that was done to it when I got my hands on it so I think it's big enough to get the job done the But just remember one thing foe the best performance it takes time to set it up just good enough doesn't like SW R 50ome Rg8u and yes it is hard to work with but it pays off in the end 73!!

Ha Nick LMR not good for radio communications do the test LMR verses 50ome Rg8u stranded solid copper center ? Lmr i s for computer use just ask dx.com,well I am going to give 2 striker mag mount type a try manufacturer of striker A-10 a try this week they say 5Ft apart figure 8 the 18_ft of cable use one t out from the radio to the t Rg8u should work well for that lower SWR.and if I get hi swr out of them its back to the Browning Br-28 for that flat one SWR,73.

Well that's all folks night time to warm up the ham sack Cqcqcq,DX,73!!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated