• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Ranger 2950 CD

Personally I like the BLUE freq readout and they changed this too so that you can see easily from any angle you're looking at the radio. I'm having mine redone to add the buttons to match the channel and frequency readout as well. Will get a few upgrades too before it comes back to me!

That's my 2 cents 73's, Retro

I don’t know if the new ones are like the old ones but way back once upon a time, I changed one of the amber displays to blue. It was NOT fun, changing out those tiny little lamps with tiny little blue leds, sucked. And getting it to all look right and then not having any dimming ability, I said I’d never try that again. I learned when someone said “hey can you do this” to think twice before I opened my big mouth and blurted out “yes”.

So I wonder how hard it’d be to swap the 2970 over to the new display. Where can you get this kit you speak of?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.