• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Ranger RCI-2995DX CF 10/12 Meter Radio

Ranch55

Jan 18, 2016
Fredericksburg, Texas
I have a brand new Ranger RCI-2995DX CF 10/12 Meter Radio that I purchased this year and have had in operation for about 8 months.
Recently I purchased a pair of Kenwood HS-5 headphones to use with this radio.
The problem is that I get a fairly loud cooling fan hum noise through the headset from the cooling fans on the back of the radio. If I unplug the fans from power, the hum goes away.
I have put some ferrite bead chokes on the fan power wire, but it did not help.
Any help from members here would be appreciated.

Thanks for your input.
The 10nF (103) capacitor across the fan wires did not decrease the fan hum noise at all.
This RCI-2995DX-CF does already have two brushless fans. That was first thing I checked after seeing your suggestion.

I have a brand new Ranger RCI-2995DX CF 10/12 Meter Radio that I purchased this year and have had in operation for about 8 months.
Recently I purchased a pair of Kenwood HS-5 headphones to use with this radio.
The problem is that I get a fairly loud cooling fan hum noise through the headset from the cooling fans on the back of the radio. If I unplug the fans from power, the hum goes away.
I have put some ferrite bead chokes on the fan power wire, but it did not help.
Any help from members here would be appreciated.
I removed my cooling fans. I have a stock 2995. I run the power at around 50%. Heat sink never gets more than slightly warm to the touch.

I removed my cooling fans. I have a stock 2995. I run the power at around 50%. Heat sink never gets more than slightly warm to the touch.

I be interested in buying the fan set if you didn't need it any more. I have 2995 that the previous owner Ty-wrapped some computer fans to the heat sinks. I'm just trying to get it back to factory looking.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.