• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Ranger RCI-2995DX Clarifier

Miura

Feb 7, 2022
image.jpgHi guys, I’ve got a question regarding the reception clarifier on my Ranger 2995 DX CF when listening to stations on SSB (USB). After using it a lot I am almost certain now that it is slightly offset. Meaning I need to set the clarifier turning knob slightly to the left (1 notch) for it to be bang on frequency. Is there anyway to modify it so that when the knob is centered it is bang on frequency on RX.
On TX the radio is bang on frequency with excellent reports. Thank you!

Turn knob to where On Freq. is straight up. Pull knob off and reinsert with Dot straight up.
Follow Me for more recipes
I was strongly tempted to go that route Wire Weasel! It’s a no risk course of action but I will have that nagging feeling of just covering up. Although I might still do that because I fear trying to properly tune the clarifier on SSB might be above my competence as so many stations with different alignment coming in.

At some point you have to just stop chasing your tail. If you talk SSB the majority of the time any of these radio's will drift, some more then others. When you get 4 or more people on the same channel you might end up moving the clarifier so most of them sound ok. If you get long winded and your radio gets hot it will drift. If your in a winter weather area and the radio is very cold it will drift. All you can do is have a proper alignment done on your radio and roll with it.

Reactions: 999 and undertaker
Good Lord. My condolences... Bent circuit boards & out of alignment right out of the box.
There's no quality control whatsoever on these crappy Ranger radios. And it's been that way for years now. I'll never understand why people keep buying them ! Brand new Anytone 6666 costs much less and always works perfectly right from the start. Or better yet, just buy a used ham rig and do the MARS mod.

HOW DO I UNLOCK RANGER RCI 69 BASE FREQUENCY COUNTER
So it has the fine and coarse clarifier control. Not sure how this radio comes stock but on many older dual clarifiers one would slide and one would be receive only. Are both controls receive only on yours?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated