• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Ranger RCI X9 Schematics

No schemo from me but got me wondering what you're up to :ROFLMAO:

Are you Frankensteining again?
Muhahaha.....

:cool:

Nothing major. The x9 is making a guest appearance in the shack, I got tired of looking at the Ares 2 with the RFX that pinches the carrier. I was thinking that it would be nice to have a 10Khz switch, and a clarifier that can go to the zeros. If it has an L8 on the input of a double transistor, I would detune it a little bit to clean up the receive sizzle.

Reactions: Eldorado828
A schematic and parts-placement diagram are the basic two tools to troubleshoot any fault that won't create a visible scorch mark.

Somebody must think it's more worth his while to suppress that info than it is to release it.

Not sure what else you would blame. And if I knew what filing cabinet it's hiding in, the temptation is to hire someone to break in one night and burgle it.

Surface mount radios are intended to be a disposable commodity, here in the US at least. If you can repair it the manufacture feels like they are losing a sale. Seems like it would be a good opportunity for the engineers at Howard w Sams if there were still technicians willing to pay for the technical data.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Just wait, it gets better. Soon, the components will be a part of the board rather than placed on the board and places like mouser and digikey won't make enough money keeping the hands-on parts on hand for the hobbyist.
Wow, just think. It was a miracle that they were able to get vacuum tubes to work. And a rock can vibrate at a specific frequency.

We have come so far in the last 100 years, what will the next 100 years bring? I don't think we would recognize it, just like people from 100 years ago would not recognize what we have today.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.