• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Ranger tr-696 mod explanation pls

Robert Foster

Jan 10, 2017
Opened up RCI tr-696 F1 and found toggle switch connected to jp10 the R.B 8vdc that it just two wires switch directly to board. I know that this connection leads to all of the components that make roger beep work but no roger beep on this rig.Can some explain what that is for, the has been channels added?? Thanks

Opened up RCI tr-696 F1 and found toggle switch connected to jp10 the R.B 8vdc that it just two wires switch directly to board. I know that this connection leads to all of the components that make roger beep work but no roger beep on this rig.Can some explain what that is for, the has been channels added?? Thanks
There is a Superstar radio that uses a big switch inside for the 11m modification. Some of the Superstar radios also had a Roger beep that could not be turned off. There is a mod to clip something to keep it from beeping. Are there any numbers on the board?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated