• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Rat shack???

Cheech

Apr 6, 2005
Medina county Ohio
Alright well ever since I have heard radio shack called rat shack that what I have been calling it but meny people dont understand what Im talking about. They ask me over and over again why its called that. I have no idea so can someone inform me :roll: Thanks!

because a long time ago they used to sell chips and soda and other junk food along with radio electronics stuff...and the shops were often run by nerds that were just as smelly sticky as the shop they was runnin...so a few shops got rats and they were almost closed down, that's why they quit selling junk food and started hiring general purpose nerd types to run their stores who din't know nothing about radio stuff, and thats how they went down hill. And rat shack sounds better than radio shack because it's two less silly bowls.

Hey all

Having Rat Shack a block away helps my business..

They go to Rat Shack looking for this and that but find noone there knows or cares about the stuff they sell..
So they siply come to my store when those at Rat Shack refer them to me...many times saying they need this or that and so i sell them this or that...knowing full well they have and carry the same thing that customer says were told they do not carry such stuff...plus i have it cheeper...

So when Rat Shack says you have questions we have answers that is usally wrong...hehe

LOL.... I went to ours one day and ask some college kid for an egg insolator, He kept telling me they don't sell anything like that and never heard of one. I finally got frustrated and looked at him and asked "Have you ever seen an electric fence ?" To which a look of "you made me look stupid" came over his face that was not accompanied by a smile and said "yes". I asked if he ever saw the insulators that the wire fence hooks to on the post. "Yes" again. I said "that's what I'm talking about" He finally directed me to some plastic ones that they had and they can get me the other ones. I've found it very hard to get help in there unless you just tell them "I'm just looking around" and try to help myself.

Ahh the thing I have heard about Rat shack LOL! We are kinda lucky the one here is ran by a hard core cw operator so I think he hires the brighter people. Any time I was looking for something they always found it. But Why "Rat shack" lol :?:

Rat Shack is simply short for Radio Shack .....You have to start somewhere , Managers make good money and can go from store to store helping to put other stores inline. Those guys make minumum wage , they do get proceeds from items sold , if your not that bright ? chances are you might not sell much ? . The store is more designed nowadays for cell phone sales and there contracts ,that's were the money really is for those guys. CB radio /Scanners/ connectors and coax are getting thin to done in my area in these stores/push ups are gone as well.....its just not about that anymore. They have been in business now for getting on 40 years ....I'd say they did something right over the years. Once sold some great cb radios in the 70s and early 80s /usually Cobras or Unidens just with the Realistic name on them ,there stereo equipment was the same way , I believe Pioneer made most of there stuff for many years.They don't even have catalogs anymore ,it's more so an online thing with them. I'd guess to say that a guy would be out of luck if he didn't have access to the internet. The prices have never really been to fair at The Shack over the years anyway ....I think they get 5.00 for 2 pL-259s without the reducers ...that would be another 2.00 !!! ....now your looking at almost 8 bucks !! thats really bad !!! for little odds and ends at the last minute ....Radio Shack has still come in handy for my needs over the years....just not so much nowadays.

Cheech said:
Alright well ever since I have heard radio shack called rat shack that what I have been calling it but meny people dont understand what Im talking about. They ask me over and over again why its called that. I have no idea so can someone inform me :roll: Thanks!

Verbal shorthand created by the same person who came up with "Monkey Wards", and "Smell Mart"

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.